What's new

Recommendations for wheels or suspension change?

gerard_finn200

Members
Reaction score
Car
2.2 Accord i-CTDi
Back again for more help if ye care to offer some! :D I have a 2.2 diesel sport model, I bought it with 19 inch BBS CH rims (very nice on the car) and it had lowering springs fitted which dropped it by 35 - 40mm. Apex springs to be exact. But I travel 300 - 500 miles a week and with this set up it's getting unbearable. Don't get me wrong, I love the wheels and I love the looks of a lowered car, but it really isn't practical especially on the roads around here! :( One of the things that attracted me to the Accord in the first place was its refinement and comfort which is basically gone out the window! Should I go back to original springs and keep my CH's? Or will it look a mess? Or should I keep the springs and change the wheels? Hoping to get some help from someone that has experienced this? But anything would be good!
By the way, the car has been kitted too, will a kitted car with normal springs look horrifically bad?

Looking forward to the replies,

A rattled Accord driver.....

its your wheels. I have an identical setup but with 18s and the ride is only a tiny bit firmer than with standard springs and 17s. on 225/45/17.

I have 18 inch BBS CH wheels and the cars dropped on apex springs 40mm. tyres are 225/40/18

19s really effect the ride which is why I went with 18s.

Thanks for that crespo, I'm not at all gone on the 19's but luckily I have a buyer. I'm wondering will 18's be too harsh on the road even? I have a set of 17's on a 45 tyre to keep me going but they're dark grey and with a black car they look...well...awful! :rolleyes: I'd like to go for an A5 or even an 18 inch CH again. They're a very unusual wheel around here so they really make the car stand out!

My ride really is not much different to when i had 17s and i have the exact same springs as you. 18's look pretty good and a whole lot better than 17's.

HondaPicturessamsungEX1017-Copy-Copy.jpg

HondaPicturessamsungEX1006-Copy-Copy.jpg

That is a lovly car the drop is nice just the sort of size drop i wont on mine.

I've been looking around for the last few days to find some nice alloys but nothing jumps out at me, I like the Penta's but they're really rare around here! Is there any similar alloys or what would be the best choice for a black Accord? I just cant find "the one"! :blush:

Enkei evo8 or Rota or TenzoR most models DC5,DC6,V1 and many more also ;) now you need to decide :lol: