What's new

Recommended handheld obd2 tool.

ozzie-x

Members
Reaction score
Car
Dtec es gt auto
Hi i brought cheapo ms309 of Amazon. But it wont connect to my car. But my £3 elm327 does!

Can any1 Recommend one that they know connects to our honda accords 2008 -on

Thx

My standalone D900 works well on the Accord (and many other cars I've used it on) and gives a range of real-time data.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dph8QMH4wF0

But what's wrong with the ELM327 Bluetooth unit that you said worked?

Jon_G said:
My standalone D900 works well on the Accord (and many other cars I've used it on) and gives a range of real-time data.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dph8QMH4wF0

But what's wrong with the ELM327 Bluetooth unit that you said worked?
Jon, will this do for my mk8 idtec diesel, some on ebay will not

edgeoftime said:
Jon, will this do for my mk8 idtec diesel, some on ebay will not
Well it should, as OBD2 is meant to be a standard. But I've certainly heard of people struggling to use certain scanners.

Why not try an ELM327 bluetooth jobby, John? They are pennies and, with a suitable app, can do everything that mine can (and more). If you don't have an Android device to pair it with, then there are WiFi versions available so you can use an Apple device.

Jon_G said:
Well it should, as OBD2 is meant to be a standard. But I've certainly heard of people struggling to use certain scanners.

Why not try an ELM327 bluetooth jobby, John? They are pennies and, with a suitable app, can do everything that mine can (and more). If you don't have an Android device to pair it with, then there are WiFi versions available so you can use an Apple device.
Thanks jon, will give one a try, downloaded the app onto my phone, that was straight forward enough.

Hi guys. The ms309 says failed to connect. The elm327 does connect n read the pending faults. but wont clear them.
Thxs

if car has aftermarket head unit it might cause problem with some readers
make sure you connect ms309 as video or try ms309 on different car
if ms309 not work on different car contact amazon seller and get refund or replace

Sorry its not a ms309. its a memoscan u480 from Amazon.
Keep saying linking error with key in position 1 or 2.