What's new

Recommended rear brake disc+ pad set for 04 diesel tourer ?

trolleyjack

Members
Reaction score
Car
Accord D 2.2 Exec
Does anyone recommend any of the aftermarket manufacturers for rear discs and pads on a 04 diesel tourer, or have any brands supplier to avoid. ?

I have found a few, but many (looking at the photographs and spec of them on the various sites) seem to lack the opening for the access plug, for parking brake adjustment.

Cheers.

Trolleyjack

recently I changed discs, pads, handbrake shoes and calipers on mine, i went for Mtec grooved discs, ebc green pads, blue print shoes, and some refurbished calipers :)

I have used aftermarket stuff on my previous cars but always found them to warp easily and the brake pads tend to dust alot more.

I always use genuine honda pads now - HH did an offer on these a while ago - £39.59 for front pair and £33 for the rears - i didnt think that was too bad.

if i had to use after market stuff i will try to go for blueprint

I got yellow stuff pads and MTEC discs, I just went out for a spin now to bed these in and unbelievable stopping power.

Bedding in new discs/pads is important, else you can get warped discs. There are good articles out there how to get this done properly.

20150509_180746.jpg