What's new

ReGas...

entwisi

Members
Reaction score
Car
05 Accord
Had mine done yesterday,

they pulled 0.065kg out and put 0.475kg in( also added 100ml of oil). The guy did comment that these have a very small system and its not unusal to put 7-800g of refrigerant in cars of this ilk. I know one of the guys on here does this so just wanted to check with anyone else if these numbers tally with what is expected?

Mine was tested for leaks for 20 mins and showed no leak on that but realistically what could be worse case for a leak that wouldn't show up in that time, could I be looking at an annual change or even less?

Ian

20 mins should be quite adequate to pressure test for a leak. If you're still finding that your AC is loosing gas over time then the most common reason would be due to lack of use.

You have to turn it on every week and circulate the gas, the oil in the gas lubricates the seals, otherwise the seals dry up and the gas leaks out.

Hehe, I wish lack of use was an option( 600 miles/week just to get to work and back) , I'm aware of the use it or lose it so I leave it on all the time including winter ( as it helps demisting).

I guess I'll see how long it lasts and go from there.

Ian