What's new

Remap choice

d3fy

Members
Reaction score
Car
Accord 2.2 EX GT
Hi, what companies do people have experience of for remapping their Accord? I ideally want a company that will come out, or one located in S Yorks.

Hi, what companies do people have experience of for remapping their Accord? I ideally want a company that will come out, or one located in S Yorks.

Since you have an 8th Gen, the ecu needs to be removed as you have a tricore ECU. Contact our Faddy to see what he can sort out for you.

http://typeaccord.co.uk/forum/forum/44-premiertuning/

Searchbar.png

As the guys said fella Fahad will sort you out mate :)

For the 8th gen, you will need to bring it to us mate but we're only in Leeds and I can have it done within 2 hours max.

For the 8th gen, you will need to bring it to us mate but we're only in Leeds and I can have it done within 2 hours max.

Can you tune the auto box on these like the dsg service you offer? This is my only pitfall with this car, the VW dsg is far superior.

I'll try and find out mate, I know we do the DSG boxes.

http://typeaccord.co.uk/forum/forum/44-premiertuning/

Searchbar.png

Slightly missing the point of a Forum if your telling me to use Google. I'm asking for experience. EDIT Sorry did not realise it was for this site with it having another forum search under it.

Have to say I spent about a month trying to use the rubbish forum search, thinking "This is rubbish forum software, vBulletin FTW etc. etc." until I realised you could use the Google search.
Maybe the other search should be deleted?

No solution for tuning the auto box on the 8th gen I'm afraid, just had confirmation.

What's the problem with it mate? If your car is tuned correctly then the torque limiters should have been set correctly to make the most of the auto box. We tune BMW and Merc diesels reguarly for example, and you can really make the auto box work more effortlessly by adjusting the torque limiters in the engine maps.

What's the problem with it mate? If your car is tuned correctly then the torque limiters should have been set correctly to make the most of the auto box. We tune BMW and Merc diesels reguarly for example, and you can really make the auto box work more effortlessly by adjusting the torque limiters in the engine maps.

Well the top end pull is there but low down it feels as though the gear box is swallowing the power. Wind it up to 2600rpm in 3rd gear and it goes for it like a rocket. I find the gear change can be very jerky some times too.

The remap I had is working well but sometimes it just feels a little bit lacking....... hard to explain really.

The only other thing I have noticed is when pulling away from the m6 toll booth and you give in full beans in 3rd gear you do get a little tug through the revs like a bit of clutch slip.

We have an Caterpillar branch in leeds so towards the end of the month if you want to pm me a cost I wouldn't mind bringing it over to get a second opinion!

Cheers jay

Well as you've already spent money having it tuned, I wouldn't want you to spend all over again. Get in touch with me when you know you will be in Leeds and I'll try and arrange something with Elite to either get it on the dyno or at least verify the software is tuned correctly for the auto box. It's possible it's been tuned in line with the same maps they use for a manual box, and whilst the engine is making power, the maps are not setup correctly to make best use of the auto box.

Well as you've already spent money having it tuned, I wouldn't want you to spend all over again. Get in touch with me when you know you will be in Leeds and I'll try and arrange something with Elite to either get it on the dyno or at least verify the software is tuned correctly for the auto box. It's possible it's been tuned in line with the same maps they use for a manual box, and whilst the engine is making power, the maps are not setup correctly to make best use of the auto box.

Cheers matey I will let you know over next week sometime. I have a feeling this map is for a manual. I don't mind having to pay providing its not hundreds again, plus I'd like to see this on the dyno!

Yep of course, and it wouldn't be free but I'll try and work something out for a member.