What's new

remap, how much quicker?

Tomoole

Members
Reaction score
Car
Landrover
Have been searching but cant find out how much quicker does the remap make the ctdi, will it me as quick as the 2.4.
also will the remap cause the manifold to warp? I know that in the landrover frat the remaps caused the td5 to warp the manifold, they got round it by offering
a ceramic coated manifold, is this comon to the ctdi.
Does anyone know of anyone local to buckinghamshire who can remap my tourer?
tom

Won't make you faster mate - but third gear becomes much more interesting.

how much quicker? lets just say it's like removing the five bags of blue circle from your boot. There are loads of us who have the remap and not one of us has had any problem re warping manifold.
biggrin.gif

Interesting how the negative comments are coming from the petrol crowd - or should I say unsurprising :ph34r:

Anyways, just because one remap from probably one company causes the manifold to warp on one model of car, doesn't mean it will do this to every remapped car! I've tuned allsorts of cars and vans now, never had any issues like that before.

The cracked maifold problem on the ictdi is down to a design flaw, as is the clutch.

As for will it make it faster... well I'm not taking the bait :wub:

Let's just say for a couple of hundred quid, you'll end up with a completely different car.

As for tuning, we are one company with some good experience now with this car.. there are others too - have a Google around.

My details are below should you need them.

I would.. but I'll probably need a new clutch afterwards :ph34r:

Thing is CJ, how many laps would you get in eh eh eh? :ph34r:. What powers a lot of the Le Mans cars these days?

2.4 quicker off the line certainly - quicker to the pits for more gogo juice as well :wub:

Just to really get under your skink

Linky just for the great CJ

Night night... :p

same reason a 2.4 VTEC ain't :ph34r:.
scratchchin.gif

Enough guys - you're ruining the thread.

peepwall.gif

it's the diesel vs petrol thread revisited. The poor newbie won't know what'***** him......:)

Agree with you Faddy (obviously) :lol:

I like this thread, lol :lol:

Diesel propaganda .:lol:
would never go back to a petrol every day car EVER. And I run a 4.7ltr Cadillac at the weekend 0-60 faster than a Boxter. Hellish fuel consumption. Maximum acceleration 2 to the gallon. Big boys toy LOL

I agree,

Quitest diesel ever!!!! Compared to my 05 Plate golf diesel and my brothers BMW diesel, i think the Honda I have just bought is so much queiter. :)

I've looked into and hopefully F6HAD will be sorting next time he's down this way ( I'm in bucks to) . Not sure if it's the best or worst, but I can't see any complaints from the many remapped users on here which is good enough for me.

If you want to go ahead, let me know and we can share the travel costs or something.

I'll add my experience to the mix. First question, what do you mean by quicker? Over a 1/4 mile? Around a track? Or everyday driving on the road?

1/4 Mile - From a standing start the diesel (and I believe remapped as well) will not be able to keep up with the 2.4

Around a track, I don't think the remapped diesel will be able to keep up (extra weight, setup, etc) will not be able to keep up.

Everyday driving. I think they'd be pretty close. One of the things that appeals on the petrol vtec is that you have to work them hard to get the most out of them. That was certainly the enjoyment with the 1.6 and 2.2 vtecs I have owned. The diesel and certainly remapped diesel with have the torque to pull hard in any gear.

I took my standard car out for a drive with my mates, mostly A-road and B-road. Other cars were an integra type r dc2, civic type r ek9 a modified 200sx and a 5th gen prelude. What I found was from a standing start (i.e pulling away from the traffic lights). I had no chance of keeping up. Gearing and lacks of revs doesn't help. Anyway once we were rolling. I was the one finding it alot easier to overtake slower moving traffic and cross country was as fast as the others. Okay maybe the other's weren't working their cars as hard as mine? But either way don't be so quick to dismiss the weasel!

I've looked into and hopefully F6HAD will be sorting next time he's down this way ( I'm in bucks to) . Not sure if it's the best or worst, but I can't see any complaints from the many remapped users on here which is good enough for me.

If you want to go ahead, let me know and we can share the travel costs or something.

Anthony, as discussed I'll be down in a week after most of my house move is complete - I have a few jobs booked in the area, probably on 24th or 25th Jan.

Here we go again lol :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: the GR8 petrol v diesel debate goes on. I'm in the petrol camp - but the one thing I think we ALL can agree on is that both the VTEC & CDTI honda engines are just superb pieces of engineering!!! The one thing I will say, both the CDTI 7 the new DTEC units are soooooooooooooooooooooo much quieter than the weasel lumps in the Bavarian equivalents!!!! You can hear those tractors with their silly bages a mile off!!!!! :D :D :D :D

Until the next round of petrol / weasel bashing.......................... :p

I think those German one are running a higher natural compression? Honda could have gone for a 2.0l, got the same power, higher natural compression, but they were not happy with how smooth and quiet the engine would be. So by going to 2.2L, and using the variable geomety turbo, they could get the refinement, amongst other things. Read that somewhere.