What's new

Remote Locking Query

Osiris

Members
Reaction score
Car
CM2 - Type S
Afternoon All,

My 2004 Tourer has an issue with it's remote locking, basically it don't work. It hasn't worked since I have owned the car (9 Months). I have tried pairing the remotes and put new batteries in the fobs. The car did go to Honda shortly after i bought it to see if they could work this out and they were stumpted. Sensing a pricey wild goose chase I told them to leave it.

To be honest it doesn't bother me that I have to unlock the car the old fashioned way, what is annoying is that when i unlock the drivers door the other doors don't unlock (I have to jump in and hit the central locking switch on the drivers door). However, when I lock the car with the key in the drivers door all of the doors lock centrally.

Does anyone know if there is a trick to either fixing the remote locking or being able to unlock all doors using the key in the drivers door? This is no more than an annoyance but i'm curious more than anything.

Cheers,
Tom

Hey Tom may be a long shot but have had similar issues to this in the past (on non honda vehicles mind) and has turned out to be the drivers door actuator for the central locking. the theory being that when u press the fob the signal is sent to the drivers door actuator that then triggers the other doors. When the switch is pressed internally however the signal is sent direct not through the drivers side actuator. Guess a way to test if the drivers door actuator is working at all is is does the car lock/unlock the drivers door when the button is pressed inside? the only slightly confusing thing is why the other doors lock when the key is turned to lock the door. unless it is just the wire that feeds the doors unlocking which is an issue. May be completely along the wrong lines here but just from my own experience on other marques. Martyn