What's new

Replacement air filter - standard or K&N?

-Rich-

Members
Reaction score
Car
2.4 Tourer Auto
It's due to be replaced soon, I think it's a Honda one in there ATM. Would a cheap one be ok, are there any I should avoid, I've been looking at Fram or Comline filters? Or would a K&N (or Pipercross) be better?

I know the uprated ones don't make much difference, we have a K&N in the Civic but only cos I got it reduced. The Accord ones are nearly £40 but it would save having to replace it and as I'm planning on keeping the car for as long as possible it should pay for itself.

What do you guys use?

I use Crosland with success and no issues whatsoever.... Cheap and good... Paid like 9 quid with free pp

I have a k and n I'd be willing to part with, pm if interested.
Obviously used, just needs a clean :)

I've fitted a standard one back in as I'm considering selling the car soon.

Cris said:
I use Crosland with success and no issues whatsoever.... Cheap and good... Paid like 9 quid with free pp
From ECP then, seems a good price. How often do they need to be changed on the Accord, usually it's 12k miles I think but I'm sure I read in the handbook 24k? I'll have to check that cos with my mileage it's only every 3-4 years.

It has been years since I used a standard filter, I've had either uprated panel ones or an induction cone.

Jake123 said:
I have a k and n I'd be willing to part with, pm if interested.
Obviously used, just needs a clean :)

I've fitted a standard one back in as I'm considering selling the car soon.
Thanks I'll let you know when I've decided what I want.