What's new

Replacement Headlight Bulbs

Peterbfd

Members
Reaction score
Car
8th Gen GT
Hi All,

Done alot of searching and most topics turn into HID discussions or the topics are very old or just discuss the brightness of the bulb.

I own a 8th gen but felt it best to post my question in here as there will be more views (I am ***uming)....

I am looking to purchase replacement bulbs which are the whitest out there, personally not to bothered about the brightness it is just brightness I am after.

To fit HID's to a 8th Gen is a pain and also now 'dodgy' what with all the new MOT rules about to be implemented.

Any suggestions are welcome, from personal experiences would be even better.

Many thanks all.
Peter

I had the same quandry with my 7th Gen. Tried Osram night breakers and they were rubbish. In the end I went for a HID conversion. Best decision ever, the lights are much better than the standard lights. And yes the Osram's were definelty in the correct way up :)

My advice Peter is keep your genuine lamps in or go down the hid route.
My car passed the mot with hid no problem at all.The MOT inspector even commented that the light beam was 100% spot on.
As for fitting its a 1hour job and easiest way is to take the bumper off and lights out.
It seems a major thing but it really is a matter of unclipping clips job done.

My advise? Unless you specifically want HIDs don't bother.

I use OSRAM Nightbreak Plus (the plus is an important part). Gives the most amount of brightness in the standard halogen form. I get about 10 months out of a set, but I use my heads a DRLs.

Interesting mixed advise, thank you all.

I may give HID's a try as I have fitted a couple of HID's before and do know they look good but it does concern me about the MOT's.
It also concerns me what they look like in a Gen 8 as some cars you see driving around just too bright and cheap and also will they flash when the car is turned off (had this problem with a Saab 9-3 Conv I had)

Any advise on which to get for Gen 8 Bret ?

I do still however need to find the Whitest bulbs for my father in law who drive a Discovery 3 and does not want HID's

*If* you are going HIDs, get 4300K ones. The look less tacky as they produce more white light than the typical aftermarket 6000K ones - these are too blue.

Whitest Bulb? I still stick by OSRAM Nightbreaker Plus.

Hi All,

Just tried the Osram Nightbreaker Unlimited bulbs on the Father in Laws LR3 and I must say they are pants.
Very little improvement to the originals but he is happy with the slight improvement (just need to get some 501 to match as LED's are too bright)

I am going to get the HID's for mine as I have projectors, which one's to buy ?

I am ***uming :

Slim
35w
E marked (some even come with certificates)
Do I need to get the Canbus errors one ?

Any other suggestions or advise would be greatfull

Many Thanks
Peter