What's new

Replacing H1 high beam with LED

Nasty1984

Members
Reaction score
Car
CL7
Hello, has anyone did this before? I've got a 2007 cl7 executive with hid/xenon. It's bothering me that low beam is bright white, while high beam is yellowish.
You can buy ultra white bulbs, but i was thinking about replacing them with a 25 smd led bulb. How is the light? Does it improve the visibility or doesn't it?

The optics are designed for a filament lamp. Even fitting a HID isn't ideal as the corona is a different shape to the coil of white hot tungsten (take note everyone who is convincing themselves they're not blinding everyone when in fact they are). HID lamp optics are designed with this in mind. LEDs have a totally different dispersion pattern. Your lamps are not even close to being designed for LED, so I think you'd be wasting your money.

Matt said:
The optics are designed for a filament lamp. Even fitting a HID isn't ideal as the corona is a different shape to the coil of white hot tungsten (take note everyone who is convincing themselves they're not blinding everyone when in fact they are). HID lamp optics are designed with this in mind. LEDs have a totally different dispersion pattern. Your lamps are not even close to being designed for LED, so I think you'd be wasting your money.
Thank you ;)