What's new

Reset VSA/ABS ?

ebod

Members
Reaction score
Car
I-CTDI SPUTNIK
Hi all, I stupidly opted to press the VSA off button before whilst in the wet to see if I could spin in 2nd.

Of course I could and nope I didn't crash......but for my sins I now got THREE amber lights ( VSA/ABS & vsa warning triangle ).

I'm hoping this will just....go away, as I've never had and prior troubl with either.

Is there anything that can be done to clear the error? such as a short drive...or unplug battery for a while?

I'm gutted as on have 3 weeks til MOT expires :-(

Me thinks that VSA button should be renamed to "DO NOT PRESS or else it will cost £££" button :-0

it's ok to turn it off I'm doing this sometimes and it didn't cause any issues, so after when you turn it on back again, drive for a while so it should goes off, if not you can unplug battery as you said so this should cure the problem.

Hopefully this is just a coincidence and should be ok.If not then you have a fault with an ABS sensor or VSA unit.

went out to collect my daughter from her friends ~3miles away. The lights went off about 10secs after I set off, then came on again halfway there. Then I stopped the car whilst waiting and in the return drive it didn't come back on.

phew!!

Fingers crossed its okay, and I'm not meddling with that VSA button again !!

went out to collect my daughter from her friends ~3miles away. The lights went off about 10secs after I set off, then came on again halfway there. Then I stopped the car whilst waiting and in the return drive it didn't come back on.

phew!!

Fingers crossed its okay, and I'm not meddling with that VSA button again !!
Ian keep an eye on it because if it happens again i would 99% say its an ABS sensor playing up.

I'm with brett on this, sounds like the early stages of abs sensor faliure and most likely it will be rear passenger side as it's very common and almost always third sensor only.
Do keep us posted mate with your progress on the situation.

yer.. but only came as a result of me ****in about switching off the VSA in wet weather. How that effects the rear is a bit odd as I'm concerned since its FWD.

But I obviously will keep an eye on it as I've don't have much choice :blush:

yer.. but only came as a result of me ****in about switching off the VSA in wet weather. How that effects the rear is a bit odd as I'm concerned since its FWD.

But I obviously will keep an eye on it as I've don't have much choice :blush:

Probably a shock to the system for sputnik, especially if you've not pressed the switch before.

What's the mileage on her now ?

Like the guys, probably an ABS sensor, fingers crossed it settles down for another 200k :)

Probably a shock to the system for sputnik, especially if you've not pressed the switch before.

What's the mileage on her now ?

Like the guys, probably an ABS sensor, fingers crossed it settles down for another 200k :)

Hope so! :)

Sputnik now @ 252K, just spent hundreds on fixing the A/C. Only niggle at present is a low end vibration on the engine and heavy shudder when starting. The garage think the mounts are okay though, and the shudder might be something loose in the exhaust.

What a schitter , VSA/ABS light keeps poping up and MOT due in 3wks :(

Me needs to scavenge around the forums to lookup about which ABS sensor is playing up, and indeed whether a strip & clean could cure. B)

Agree with Dave on this one Fahad had to drill his out if i remember when he replaced his.