What's new

Reverse In wire

Kal

Members
Reaction score
Car
Accord Exec 2004
I'm installing a reverse camera on my 7th gen accord, the camera gets its power from the reverse light at the rear, but for the monitor to switch to the camera, i need to tap into the reverse light at the front.

Does anybody know where the reverse wire is?

So it wasn't the deal of the decade but it wasn't a total rip off then? Looks like we've paid around a grand over then.

One other thing, the reason we go for high mileage cars is we don't do many miles, so by the time we sell it, it will be around average or slightly higher than average. Mind you, it is hard to get me out of this car so maybe not as low as we think lol.

I'm installing a reverse camera on my 7th gen accord, the camera gets its power from the reverse light at the rear, but for the monitor to switch to the camera, i need to tap into the reverse light at the front.

Does anybody know where the reverse wire is?

Have a good look at all the DIY's there are a couple on hear.

Like brett says check out the diy's as far as I remember you connect the camera +'ve to the reverse light +'ve in the boot, the headunit senses the input from the camera via the rca lead and that switches the monitor over. Anyway its all in the diy's on the forum.