What's new

Reverse judder

Roberts14

Members
Reaction score
Car
Honda Accord
Since ive had the 7th gen k20 in april ive noticed when i reverse quickly ish, it judders, its kinda hard to explain but going forward is fine and if i reverse slowly its fine. Has anyone else had a similar problem? And is it anythibg to worry about?

Thanks

8th gen is known for engine mounts going which causes this

Not heard of it on 7th though

Its not wheel spin, its deffinitely a judder of some sort, its strange that it does it in reverse but not any forward gears though sounds like a whiring kinda sound from the gearbox aswell.

Wheel-spin on Accords is more like a judder, because of the tyres.
You don't hear the tyres squeal, the car just jumps about (judders) ....well mine does if I drop the clutch in 1st gear. The wheel-spin judder on the Accord is Very bad for engine mounts, but, if the engine mounts have gone, then I would expect it to do it in 1st as well as reverse.

Yeah mine does the same when i wheel spin in the dry its horrible feels like my dashboard is going to end up on my lap lol. But when i reverse its totally different to that im not sure what it is. Im not that worries just wondering if anyone had a sinilar problem that new what it is.

Roberts14 said:
Yeah mine does the same when i wheel spin in the dry its horrible feels like my dashboard is going to end up on my lap lol.
aye that's it, but if the issue is not like that, then maybe engine mount issue. There is an actuator on the front engine mount that is controlled by the ECU, maybe it's something related to that ?

edit: just seen the pics of the rear end shunt, did this issue start soon after that, if so, then the shunt did something else (can't think what) that's causing an issue when reversing (maybe rear suspension rising up too much, or not rising up enough)

No its been like it since ive had the car in april, hasnt had any bumps until now since ive had it anyway.

Roberts14 said:
No its been like it since ive had the car in april, hasnt had any bumps until now since ive had it anyway.
I know that the K24 has a strange "active" engine mount at the front, not sure about the K20. If the K20 does too, then it might be related to s malfunction there.

Yeahh ill take it to a garage at some point see what he says, i know him so he wont be a typical garage that trys to waste your money.