What's new

Reverse Parking Sensors

iar1980

Members
Reaction score
Car
56 Accord i-CTDi Ex
Hi Folks

I am new to this forum as I purchased a 2006 Honda Accord Saloon Ex today and wanted some expert advice from you guys!

I have everything I need as in equipment with this vehicle apart from reverse parking sensors.

Unfortunately I have become dependent on them as my previous car had them.

What I wanted to know was who should I get them fitted from? A Honda Dealer or a normal trade company that supplies & fits them?

The best quote I got from a Honda Dealer was £295, where as I managed to get a price of £170 from the following supplier http://www.fittedparkingsensors.co.uk/catalog/

I need some good guidance from you Folks!!!

Your advice would be much appreciated!!!

Welcome to Ta Ibrahim.

A little welcome post in the Newbie section would be nice....

Congrats on the purchase though.

With sensors you want two things - colour matching and good sensing range - mine go to constant tone with a few inches to spare.

If you can get that fro £170 then happy days.

There are a fair few threads on here with DIY's and sourcing options so take a look around. I think Paul the Bobby did an excellent and recent post on the subject - check out the Google custom search at the top of the screen.

Thanks For The Advice Dan!

Had a look at the recommended post and I have to say top marks for the presentation!

Unfortunately I am a man who is not very good with DIY so will have to let the professionals do it!

But thanks anyway!

In that case make a point of asking how close the sensor gets to the object before you hit a constant tone. My Transit's OEM sensors leave me the better part of 12" and frankly I can do better whilst on the phone with my eyes closed.

The Accord's however is brilliant, but with a Tourer, I only have a inch or so beyond the window until bumper end, so nothing to worry about other than obstructions below the window line - in fact front sensors would be more use IMHO, but from Driving Fahad's Saloon, I can see a greater need with your big behinds :lol: I think mine are Honda OEM, but were on the car when I got it.

My previous vehicle had factory fitted reverse parking sensors and when you get the constant tone it would leave approx 300mm, which I think is the norm with all factory fitted sensors on all manufactured vehicles, I could be wrong but this is off experience and what I've read!

for the love of god please do not pay that for parking sensors. you can get them from ebay for 15 quid that are just as good as the original Honda ones. colour coded as well. I will post a link for you when I get home from work.

for the love of god please do not pay that for parking sensors. you can get them from ebay for 15 quid that are just as good as the original Honda ones. colour coded as well. I will post a link for you when I get home from work.
I too am looking forward to ur link I could do with the sensors on my car also

Looking forward to the link

Thanks!

I can say having had both oem (ones I fitted) and £15 ones they both perform very similar and both do the job.

Thanks for the advice Paul!

Don't forget the cost of fitting...

Don't forget the cost of fitting...

Free if you do it yourself and it is very very easy on the Accord.

Here is a link to a set on Ebay. http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/CAR-REAR-REVERSE-PARKING-4-SENSOR-KIT-BUZZER-ALARM-UK-/120741070815?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&var=&hash=item61cc0a8cd6

Here is a picture of a set on my old Volvo which i colour coded myself.

morecarpics043.jpg

Here is a set on the back of my Accord.

parkingsensorshonda.jpg

They actually sit flusher than the standard Accord sensors and as you can see blend in well with the bumper.

I can honestly say that the Ebay sensors work every bit as well as the standard fitment sensors i had on my BMW 3 series. Dont pay any more than £15, You honestly don't need to. It takes probably about an hour to fit them doing it for the first time and there is a very good guide in the DIY section.

My previous vehicle had factory fitted reverse parking sensors and when you get the constant tone it would leave approx 300mm, which I think is the norm with all factory fitted sensors on all manufactured vehicles, I could be wrong but this is off experience and what I've read!

thats correct. You get a constant beeeeeeep when you have 30cm left before disaster.

Wonder why mine are so different? Will have a tinker at the weekend.

Thanks For The Link!

And they look great on the Accord!

while we all seem to advocate DIY in many cases I guess someone just doesn't have the time or inclination!

I guess in those cases you need to substitute a bit of money :D ...in any case reversing sensors are really very cheap as you have found. dealership fitment will ofcourse be very expensive...much better to buy your own and find a friendly local mechanic to fit it, that should save you a lot!

What colour is your car?

Paul, according to my receipt and info from log book it is silver, but I think its a different colour, I have uploaded some photos on Picasa so have a look and tell me exactly what colour my car is?

https://picasaweb.google.com/116916045466743546136/2006HondaAccord190811

Thanks

You got graphite pearl there buddy. Don't worry loads of places call it silver.

If it had have been the bright silver I had a spare set going that you could have had for £10. Nice colour though.

If it had have been the bright silver I had a spare set going that you could have had for £10. Nice colour though.

Thanks for the thought Paul!!!

Hey guys quick question, my car came with parking sensors and my brother said that the parking sensors on there are faulty/not working coz they always have a constant tone? I havnt driven it yet (only got the car yest!) but is this a known problem?

Thanks

Hey guys quick question, my car came with parking sensors and my brother said that the parking sensors on there are faulty/not working coz they always have a constant tone? I havnt driven it yet (only got the car yest!) but is this a known problem?

Thanks

not really one that is bought upmuch..but was someone standin behind the car or parked near something when testing? :D

Haha that was the first thing I checked! :p

I had a little sit in the Accord today and tested out the parking sensors, it seems they dont give any indication of distance rather a constant beep when something is close, is that the norm? I ***umed it would be the sliding scale of beeps.