What's new

Reversing Camera Question

Sit

Members
Reaction score
Car
Car-less!
Had a good read through some of the DIY threads on this and having seen the plug and play xcarlink adaptor I think I am going to collect up the bits required to fit a camera in place of one of the. Umber plate lights. The guides I have found relate to the fitting of the cameras to the saloon models of the Accord and obviously the Tourer presents its own set of challenges.

What I am trying to work out is where you would run the video cable?? As the camera will be fitted into the boot I guess the cable is going to have to run into the roof so would you route it along the inside of the headlining and then drop it down or is there a better route??

Thanks in advance and apologies for all these questions I keep asking!!

Si

I would run it along the side of car at the bottom. no need to go through the roof.

what model do you have, saloon or tourer?

I fitted a camera to a saloon and just did it through the bottom side of the car under the trim and all is fine

Like Shabs has said run it along the kick plate covers.
Q. does it activate when you hit reverse?

Hi chaps thanks for your replies, its a Tourer hence guessing it will have to go through the roof as it will have to join all the other cables leaving the boot in the rubber grommet??

Can't see how i would get it down into the side of the car?

It does activate when you select reverse although you need to press a button attached to the xcarlink which switches the video input on the satnav screen over to the external camera.

Si

I think with the Tourer buddy you probably will have to get it fed through the top, with the saloon its much easier

Well i got a surprise when i picked the Tourer up yesterday! It has parking sensors fitted already! The reason i was looking to fit the camera was because of the sheer size of the car and from the ad pictures it didn't have any parking sensors.

Thanks for your reply on the matter though.

Si