What's new

Reversing Wire

Moon

Members
Reaction score
Car
Honda Accord Tourer
Can somebody please help me?

I've bought some parking sensors for my Tourer and can't see that connecting to the bulb is going to be as easy as it is on the saloons due to the light being on the tailgate.

I've searched through mountains of threads and somebody has mentioned the loom near the driver side wheel arch, which would seem like a much simpler option.

Could somebody please explain what trim I need to remove in order to access this loom, and which wire I need to splice into?

Any help gratefully received.

Does nobody know where I can find the reverse light wire?

look in the cars manual on how to change the reverse light bulb... once you know which connecter is for the bulb the wire colour will be there, just follow it down and tap into it

look in the cars manual on how to change the reverse light bulb... once you know which connecter is for the bulb the wire colour will be there, just follow it down and tap into it

That's a good starting point, thanks, there's an easy to remove cover for the light so I'll have a poke around.

I can't follow the wire without removing the trim though, so need to know or find out where the mythical loom over the rear wheel arch can be accessed from, if anyone knows.

I would say the wiring loom will run along the floor like on the saloon. So a simple place to get access would be behind the rear seat side bolster. It's help in by 1 screw at the bottom then lift upwards.

I would say the wiring loom will run along the floor like on the saloon. So a simple place to get access would be behind the rear seat side bolster. It's help in by 1 screw at the bottom then lift upwards.

Lovely stuff, I'll make that my first port of call.