What's new

REVIEW - LED lights interior & exterior PICS!

alnug

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Car
Jaguar XF S
led.jpg

yer they do dim.

I had to do a slight mod to the holder to make them fit. the standard fit one is 31mm i think...and there is no way you will find an LED bulb bright enough which is 31mm.....well untill NOW!!

if you search ebay and look for something like 'Festoon Dome 31mm 9 LED (Xenon White) Bulb' you will find the exact bulb that you will need with no mods needed.

I put in two LEDs one facing the back and one facing the front......as you may know the light you get from an LED is directional so that's why i needed two.

Don't even bother with the 6 LED versions..they are no way bright enough if you want them to be useful. I made two holders using paperclips to hold the second LED onto the first one before clipping into the holder.

I did the door ones to and these are the standard side light bulbs size.

I tried the blue ones but they looked abosolutely crap lol.....if you go with the white xenon LED ones they already have a tint of blue.

Hope this helps...the door ones were very easy to do, as was the glove box one lol

here is some inside pics

led2.jpg

nice work Alnug, i've ordered a load of LED's from HK for fit in mine. I like the seprate mount for the addinial bulb.
Did you consider not using a bulb with led'd in but a panel with a bulb attachment for power. Like this
sku_34607_4.jpg
(Pic purely for illistration)

Is this for 7th gen only? or would it work on a 6th gen too? Would like to put some leds on my 6g.

Is this for 7th gen only? or would it work on a 6th gen too? Would like to put some leds on my 6g.
All depends on the bulb type but can't see why you couldn't get them changed for the 6th gen