What's new

Road noise or worse?

Phil

Members
Reaction score
Car
2004 Accord 2.4 Exec
I've recently replaced all my Michelin PS2 with the new Pilot Sport 3. Then the snow and ice came and stayed. (Yes, I know - summer tyres in winter!) Then I started to notice rear wheel "noise". Perhaps road, the new tyres or wheel bearings? Anyone with Michelin PS3's noticed more noise than before? Could it be the crappy road surface? Or perhaps 94,000 miles on the same wheel bearings might need a look at?

I have PS3 for a few weeks now and they seem fine. Probably a little quieter than the Bridgestones Re050 I had.

Get the rear wheels aligned if you can. Also check if the the wheel nuts are properly fastened.
Checked mine when I changed the tyres, and they were very loose! Had to fasten them myself when I got home.

Since having MPS3's ive noticied they are actually quieter than the falkens I had previous. If this noise has come since the bad weather perhaps it could be rear brake related possibly a caliper or something has got caught?

Hi Phil,

I recently put 4 PS3's on the car. I too have noticed that they tend to "sound" funny what road conditions are not good (wet, icy, gritted etc). I think this is just a characteristic of the tyre - best way to check is to try driving along roads that have different surfaces to see if the noise changes significantly. If yes, it's the tyres, if not it's something worse.

M