What's new

rubber strip on tourer roof

kelpie44

Members
Reaction score
Car
05 tourer exec 2.2
Hi All, i have the tourer(2005) without the roof rails. i have a few questions: how easy/ how do you remove AND replace the rubber strip that runs the length of the roof on either side(apparently there are holes?or something, were the roof rails fit, i want to measure between centres) . Are the rails bolted from inside the car?(i hope not) or does the roof have threaded mounting areas? Basically trying to source and fit roof rails.Dont fancy messing with the head cloth !or having water leak probs.Oh and has anyone used Thule fittings for a roof rack on their Tourer ,the ones that clamp under door rubber?are they solid.I have kayaks and no way of carrying them. Any info greatly accepted. cheers :D

Fitting rails crossed my mind too, but I was put off by the number of bits and the price!

This might give you a few clues?

I'll stick to my roof rack. It's a standard Thule with the clamp things. Seems reasonably solid, but I've not tested it with kayaks at speed!

A few years ago i almost brought a tourer rather than my old car.
I had a quote from Honda and it was about £400 fitted.
I would give HH a call for a quote.

I'd go to the scrap yards for them alot cheaper than buying new, I dont know how they fit on but I'd ***ume that as there are clip on covers on the end pieces that they will screw/bolt into the roof from the outside.

I'd go to the scrap yards for them alot cheaper than buying new, I dont know how they fit on but I'd ***ume that as there are clip on covers on the end pieces that they will screw/bolt into the roof from the outside.
Thanks everyone. just got a quote from my local honda dealer here in n .ireland. £470 +vat for the rail kit. so probably get a thule or watch the scrap yards.If anyone has any factory roof rails(length of car type) then plz let me know.
cheers.

Its easy to fit, but beware the facelift 2006> uses a different kit (mounting bolts have moved) so make sure you get the correct one.

I fitted mine in about an hour, most difficult part was the clips down the edge of the windscreen

Steve

Its easy to fit, but beware the facelift 2006> uses a different kit (mounting bolts have moved) so make sure you get the correct one.

I fitted mine in about an hour, most difficult part was the clips down the edge of the windscreen

Steve
hi, cheers for that Steve, very useful to hear that. did you have to cut your old rubber strips?

ive just recently got some new gutter covers with all fixings from honda for £138 if any of you live in oxford go and see Andy at Johnsons Honda Kidlington say i sent you he will sort you out and there not to hard to fit eithere theres just so many clips and different colours lol

ive just recently got some new gutter covers with all fixings from honda for £138 if any of you live in oxford go and see Andy at Johnsons Honda Kidlington say i sent you he will sort you out and there not to hard to fit eithere theres just so many clips and different colours lol
Hello Ryan, i,m slightly confused. Gutter covers? is that the full length rubber strip with access covers to roof mounts? you couldnt post a pic if poss?
Thanks for the info. :D

Hello Ryan, i,m slightly confused. Gutter covers? is that the full length rubber strip with access covers to roof mounts? you couldnt post a pic if poss?
Thanks for the info. :D

yes mate there the ones but i got the saloon so the go from the bottom of the windscreen to the top of the rear window i dunno if its any different on the tourers and there called gutters on the side of the roof