What's new

SALOON! Boot Issues

savage sausage

Members
Reaction score
Car
Saloon CDTi exec
The boot on my 05 saloon was working fine, went shopping the other day took the shopping out and closed the boot as normal.

Now it wont open with the button on the boot or the key fob .....I've tried the boot release in the cabin and there seems to be resistance but I dont want to snap the cable with an over zealous pull on it.

when I press either the boot button or the keyfob I can hear the mechanism trying to work,I've had the wife pulling the release lever in the cabian whilst im pushing and pulling the boot but that mo fo aint opening.

I cant get ther rear seats down as the release for those is in the boot also :angry: I cant get my babys pushchair in the car and its causing a big problem for us.

I called honda who told me it would be an initial £95 + vat to look at it for the first hour and there standard charge after that per hour and they would have to get the rear seats out blah blah blah which we all know aint gonna take an hour more like 2 -3 to fix the entire problem which I simply cant afford.

Anyone got any ideas???? Just to confirm this is a 05 saloon

thanks

Try disconnecting the negative on the battery for 5 min and them reconnect.

Well I've tried the battery off for 5 mns but no such luck....its as though the hook on the lock mechansim is not releasing.

:angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

Well I've tried the battery off for 5 mns but no such luck....its as though the hook on the lock mechansim is not releasing.

:angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:
the hook on the mechanism might not be fully releasing and is still holding onto the latch,if you can get into the back try giving a boot release and push the hock back,i had to do this with my civic,then after i manged to get it open i greased it up,so it moved more freely,

edit:eek:h damn just realised you cant get into the back :(

right i may hav two possible soultions for you to get the seats down so you can get into the back(its worth a shot before you part with your money at honda)

1:there is a little panel at the back of the seats located right next to the middle seat belt guide..

IMG_20120610_162941.jpg

gives this a little pull forward,it should just clip out

IMG_20120610_163012.jpg

once you get this open,you should be able to see the yellow handle thingy to drop the seats,now comes the the tricky bit...with a bit of patience and coat hanger wire,try getting the yellow release latch

2:this is a longer method,but should work,try by removing the right side 6x9 speaker,its hsouldnt take you no longer than 20min,this would then give you access to the yelllow release latch...

IMG_20120610_163237.jpg

this is the only way i can think of getting into the boot...

Just a thought if your with a breakdown company like the AA or RAC they should be able to sort you out

right i may hav two possible soultions for you to get the seats down so you can get into the back(its worth a shot before you part with your money at honda)

1:there is a little panel at the back of the seats located right next to the middle seat belt guide..

IMG_20120610_162941.jpg

gives this a little pull forward,it should just clip out

IMG_20120610_163012.jpg

once you get this open,you should be able to see the yellow handle thingy to drop the seats,now comes the the tricky bit...with a bit of patience and coat hanger wire,try getting the yellow release latch

2:this is a longer method,but should work,try by removing the right side 6x9 speaker,its hsouldnt take you no longer than 20min,this would then give you access to the yelllow release latch...

IMG_20120610_163237.jpg

this is the only way i can think of getting into the boot...

Nice 1 ... I think i'll give the second option a go 1st cos patience I havn't got a lot of :lol: and this is probably the easist option i think

Thanks so much for your reply cos you might be the amigo that can save me a s**** load of money !!

If it works you can dust off your shoulder cos you'll be 'The Man' :D

I'll let you all know how it goes.

Just a thought if your with a breakdown company like the AA or RAC they should be able to sort you out

Thanks didnt think of that..I WAS a member of the RAC as it came free with something but last month it needed renewing and at £70 for a renewal I thought F...orget that

thats karma for you....my name is browny :D

Nice 1 ... I think i'll give the second option a go 1st cos patience I havn't got a lot of :lol: and this is probably the easist option i think

Thanks so much for your reply cos you might be the amigo that can save me a s**** load of money !!

If it works you can dust off your shoulder cos you'll be 'The Man' :D

I'll let you all know how it goes.
hey si :) no worries bud :) thats what we here for,to help each other out :D especaily we can help each other save some dosh along the way too :) ,let me know how it goes bud, if you were local then i would have given you a hand with it :) if it works you can buy me a burrito amigo :lol:

Have you tried pushing the boot down gently (or not so gently) to relieve pressure on the catch as you press the release button(s)?

Sufi

"You Are THE man"

Big respect to you fella you saved me a load of money and I cannot thank you enough.... if you were a girl I'd give you a kiss :lol:

I went for the 2nd option removing the speaker and was in the boot within 5 mins I then spend about another 10 laid in the boot removing the trim panel clips, I looked at the lock and could see that the spring was not connected hence why the boot release catch in the cabin wasn't working.

Got a screwdriver and released the boot ....Damn it felt good to see the daylight coming in.

Basically the plastic arm on the motor had a very slight crack on it so wasn't releasing properly I superglued it and put it all back together and voila it worked ( ONCE )

:(

Went on ebay and found another £27 posted , lock stock the fricking lot.

So if anyone has the same issue as I had then this is what you do, all thanks to Sufi and he saves A LOT of money

To think honda were ready to drill me in the *** for 000's of £'s .....Id really like to ring them and tell them that I did it and how I did it but they wont care they are only interested in the money..

THANKS SUFI - YOU ARE THE MAN !!

Great result fella don't forget to give suffy a well earned rep point lol

THANKS SUFI - YOU ARE THE MAN !!

TOP MAN SI ,WELL DONE BUD :D, i love great news like this,thanks guys :D ,im really happy thats its worked ou si mate,and well done on getting the lock ordered already :) if you ca si when you put lock in bud takes some pics so it will be a great diy for members in the future,thats if you have time bud :) im glad i have been of ***istance to ya buddy :)

Glad you sorted it bud.....