What's new

Saloon boot locking

Sportse

Members
Reaction score
Car
Accord 7th gen 2.0SE
I have an issue with the locking & the boot:

If I unlock the boot using the boot button on the remote it unlocks & the other doors stay locked, but if I unlock all the doors & then open only the boot the other doors lock themselves after a delay.

If I unlock all the doors, then open one, the doors & boot stay unlocked.

Is this normal? I'd thought it might be a boot connection initially but I've checked & the boot light comes on & off when you open & close it, so looks ok.

I have an issue with the locking & the boot:

If I unlock the boot using the boot button on the remote it unlocks & the other doors stay locked, but if I unlock all the doors & then open only the boot the other doors lock themselves after a delay.

If I unlock all the doors, then open one, the doors & boot stay unlocked.

Is this normal? I'd thought it might be a boot connection initially but I've checked & the boot light comes on & off when you open & close it, so looks ok.
It does the same on my car, it's normal. Just got to be careful when just unlocking the boot, to not put your keys down in the boot and close it. You will be walking home!

Don't worry, its normal. If you don't open the doors then they lock again after about 15 seconds. I think its a security thing in case you press the button by accident.

Thanks, yes I'd wondered about locking the keys in too!