What's new

Same headlight cap between Accords?

Chilled

Members
Reaction score
Car
Accord
Hi there,

I'm currently having issues with my 2007 Exec headlights, it's the well documented condensation problem on these forums.

The car was purchased by my father direct from Honda, and I'm slightly annoyed they seem to have missed the problem when it's been in for it's FHSH, even though the condensation has fully covered both headlight and has large water drops across the whole front of the lens.

They have agreed to look at the headlights, the only problem being I've swapped the standard bulbs for HID's due to the poor output, thus meaning the headlight 'caps' have been drilled to feed the HID wire.

My sister has a 2004 Accord, and am I correct in hoping the caps will be exactly the same? I can then swap the old bulbs back on and make it look OEM once more.

Many thanks guys, and I'll post a picture of how bad they are once I get it from the camera.

They should be the same. You could check on Lings Honda website for the part numbers.

You've drilled holes in the back of your lens cap and have condensation in your headlights? Are these two not related?

You've drilled holes in the back of your lens cap and have condensation in your headlights? Are these two not related?

Since the condensation has been there for nearly two years and the HID 4 months, it's not the cause no. This is why I'm seriously not happy that Honda never changed or tried to 'clip' the headlights, surely you'd notice the headlight even if they hadn't had a bulletin for them, very shoddy service all round from Pentrarth Honda, and that's coming from my old ITR and their treatment of my Accord when it went in.

The hole in the back is drilled and then a plastic thingamejigga is put in it to feed the HID relay into the headlights themselves, there no way for air or water to get in as it's a perfect seal.

If you said the lights had condensation before your HIDS then CJ is correct check for any hair line cracks in the lens or the seals on the cap.Also going back to your HIDS did you use the rubber grommet to seal the 25mm hole needed.

If you said the lights had condensation before your HIDS then CJ is correct check for any hair line cracks in the lens or the seals on the cap.Also going back to your HIDS did you use the rubber grommet to seal the 25mm hole needed.

The probelm exists on both the headlights, the right side one being the worse.
The O rings are fully intact and have no issue that I can find.
Both headlights have no visual damage, and are seated as they should be.

The grommet was used, and they fit as perfect as they can be.

I've twice managed to dry both headlights by gently heading the lens with a extractor at the back, they end up bone dry. 24-48hr later theres a light mist over the lens, and then by y 4-5 days time there full droplet all inside the lenses.

I would have though one headlight was unlucky, but both?

Have you tied or are they installed silicon gel bags.

ok then try this get a hair dryer and get the cap off , dry the headlights by pushing air into it . do it preferably on a warm day.. otherwise the moisture in the air will cause sudden condensation repeating the cycle again. Take the rubber o rings off the caps are the round they should not have kinks ,stretch cracks nothing . if they have the slight deformation replace them.

if they are fine clean the caps where the o rings are seated , clean the area on the headlight where this o ring sits. slightly lube them with Vaseline to make them moist.when you install them turn them until you sense a slight bulge sensation. the cap is securely in place ..

try that and let us know.

Will do, hopefully later on today.

It doesn't seem to affect light output, but it looks terrible.

Thanks.

Have you tied or are they installed silicon gel bags.

I saw some post's on her about the gel bags, Honda had none installed so I purchased a few off ebay, and after a month installed on the cap they made no noticeable difference so I took them out due to the fear of them coming loose.