What's new

SaNav mute short-cut

metis

Members
Reaction score
Car
08 Accord 2.4 EX
Hi all,

Does anyone know of a shortcut to mute the sat-nav commentry? I mostly have it muted but sometimes want an audio prompt - it is a big pain digging through the menus to un-mute whilst driving, is there an easy short-cut I'm missing? Have had a look and dig in the manual but could not find anything.

Is there not a voice command?

I'm not 100% what you mean but you can turn the volume up or down from the steering wheel.

I'm not 100% what you mean but you can turn the volume up or down from the steering wheel.
Don't know if it's different on the 8thG but I couldn't get that to work on my 7th, it just adjusts the radio volume (or HFT if on the phone), I have to go into the Nav menu and press the onscreen slider bar for volume.

"the navigation voice volume can be adjusted by selecting Volume and changing the setting by rotating the Interface Dial Knob. Say "Display Setting" from any screen or select SETTING from the Enter Destination screen and the volume control appears. Hope this helps.

"the navigation voice volume can be adjusted by selecting Volume and changing the setting by rotating the Interface Dial Knob. Say "Display Setting" from any screen or select SETTING from the Enter Destination screen and the volume control appears. Hope this helps.

Thanks but I was after a one button shortcut, my old Mondeo had a mute/unmute button which I could just hit whilst driving rather than going into the menu, it was touch screen though so more room for stuff like that. Just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing something obvious!

Coming too from a Mondeo with touch screen sat nav , I found this a bit irritating as well. The Honda does everything I need it too but not necessarily as easily as the mondy. For example there isn't an easy cancel of a traffic announcement , you have to press the TA button each time. On the ford you could just press the stalk button with the wheel. Also the ignition has to be on to fold the mirrors. Every time I want to fold them I have to turn the key back on. Picky I know!!!

Thanks but I was after a one button shortcut, my old Mondeo had a mute/unmute button which I could just hit whilst driving rather than going into the menu, it was touch screen though so more room for stuff like that. Just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing something obvious!

Use the voice control (one button) and say "Display setting" and you are straight to the setting screen.