What's new

Sat Nav complete unit swap help

ann_kelvin

Members
Reaction score
Car
Accord 2.2 i-CTDI
Hi all,

I wonder it will be a straight swap between my standard i-ctdi sport's version car stereo to complete sat nav unit (from 04/05) ??? Could anyone advice in mechanical and electrical wiring wise?? are they sharing the same main loom??

I know it is a bit pain in the a*** but try to find out if this is doable and challenges involved. Thanks in advance

Hi.

This has been asked before and although I don't know exactly what's involved it's a big job.

I see but I can't seem to find anymore info from this site. Unless they were from older website?? could anyone kindly share some info?? If i manage to get hold all the harness will it be easier??

You'd need the GPS receiver and the TMC receiver and isnt the top trim above the centre vents different too where it shows the Radio station and the dual climate temps?

Personally I'd got for an aftermarket sat nav I have both and use TomTom for work and must say I am far more impressed with the TomTom maybe its due to it being a 3D view of the road and with it being on the windscreen you dont seem to be taking your eyes away from the windscreen to look at it.

If I didn't have Sat Nav built in, I really wouldn't bother. My wife has a better sense of direction.

I used to find it would take me some bizarre routes. The best sat nav was in the Vectra. The traffic management was spot on and it would shout and tell you when you were approaching stationery traffic etc. I ignored it initially but it was right continually so I trusted it and it never let me down after that. I have an old tom-tom which was great and heard that the latest ones are even better. I'd spend my money on that instead.

Thanks for the advice guys. I just wondering since I might be able to get nearly everything off somewhere including the gps and bits and bobs. but wonder if anyone has done it before and probably could get some accord's wiring diagram.