What's new

Sat Nav Disc

Hasan

Reaction score
Car
Accord 2003
hi.

i have got accord 2003 which i recently bought it. it looks alike has got problem with its sat nav disc. can anyone help me to download software free as i don't want to spent money on disc because i am not sure about the problem.

thanks

hasan

Short answer?

No,

Try your luck on ebay - but non original discs have a habit of killing the DVD drive.

Try and get an original disc - even if it is second hand.

Welcome to TA by the way!

P.S.

Might be an idea to check the rules (i.e., number 4.)

agree with Dan here mate and welcome

Welcome along Hasan,

Also check what version the disc is if original it should say something like V2, if it is V3. then it is most probably the wrong disc for the car, the V3. is for the facelift.

Welcome along Hasan,

Also check what version the disc is if original it should say something like V2, if it is V3. then it is most probably the wrong disc for the car, the V3. is for the facelift.
Yep Carl V2 is preface and V3 is facelife.By the looks Hasan needs a V2.

you could pop down your local garage and try one of there dvd's if you ask nicely

Having purchased my 2007 Accord just a month ago I found it had a V3.02 (2005/2006) DVD in place. I wasn't prepared to pay the Honda dealer circa £150 for an update so did a bit of research on 'you know where' and was able to locate a V3.40 (2010) disk for £39.99. This works fine with the one exception that it is a Western Europe disk rather than the All Europe of the Honda original. I am not too bothered about that. Guess that I am not allowed to name the supplier due to copyright issues.

only if it is an illegal copy dude.

Guys I will leave this thread open for now on the proviso that nobody pushes the limits of our strict rules regarding software piracy etc.

Cheers

... was able to locate a V3.40 (2010) disk for £39.99. This works fine with the one exception that it is a Western Europe disk rather than the All Europe of the Honda original...

Just for the record, v3.40 is a two disk set, West and East, and not one disk for all Europe, if that was what you meant. So you have just one disk of the 2 disk set.

Just for the record, v3.40 is a two disk set, West and East, and not one disk for all Europe, if that was what you meant. So you have just one disk of the 2 disk set.
Yes Ezhik, I appreciate that. Which means that if I want to go to, say, Norway, I'll have to buy disk 2: Eastern Europe. But at another £39.99 it's still a lot cheaper than going to my dealer! If only Honda/Alpine made these updates available at a sensible price then we wouldn't have to fiddle around like this. After all, you can buy a decent TomTom for around £100 and then get free updates via your PC.

Yes Ezhik, I appreciate that. Which means that if I want to go to, say, Norway, I'll have to buy disk 2: Eastern Europe. But at another £39.99 it's still a lot cheaper than going to my dealer! If only Honda/Alpine made these updates available at a sensible price then we wouldn't have to fiddle around like this. After all, you can buy a decent TomTom for around £100 and then get free updates via your PC.

Er, John, if you want to go to, say, Norway, you'll need to brush up on your geography mate, not an eastern Europe disk ;)

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Hi Guys

Updated my disc last year, just before the Holdcroft meet, now got the 'double-disc' version.

So, the previous version is up-for-grabs, 'Europe' V3.01. 2005-2006

This disc is original Honda product, white disc, Navteq, Trafficmaster, V-trafic.

Any interest??? contact me.

Regards

Big Kev

Er, John, if you want to go to, say, Norway, you'll need to brush up on your geography mate, not an eastern Europe disk ;)

Norway is included in the East disk, here is the country list for that disk, Austria, Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland, Germany, Hungary, Italy, Liechtenstein, Norway, Poland, San Marino, Slovak Republic, Sweden, Switzerland, Vatican City.

i would have said ten of those were no where near eastern europe!. hey ho.

Norway is included in the East disk, here is the country list for that disk, Austria, Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland, Germany, Hungary, Italy, Liechtenstein, Norway, Poland, San Marino, Slovak Republic, Sweden, Switzerland, Vatican City.
This forum is a goldmine of information!! :)

And for the sake of completeness the West disk includes, Andorra, Austria, Belgium, Denmark, France, Germany, Ireland, Italy, Liechtenstein, Luxembourg, Monaco, Netherlands, Portugal, San Marino, Spain (inc Canary Islands), Switzerland, United Kingdom, Vatican City.

So some countries included on both disks. Some on the East disk do seem a bit odd, just convenient to group the countries that way, anyway its only a list of countries on each disk, not a geography lesson is it!

but everyday is a lesson, and i failed a-level geography ;)

but everyday is a lesson, and i failed a-level geography ;)

:p

actually honda did... Norway is northern europe.

This April I buy the latest DVD, buy it once every two years.

That's my plan too, I just sold my Honda v3.40 DVD set so I could get the best price whilst they were still the latest and current disks.

Well I will be buying it from HH in April so, see if we can get a good price for the club members.
That would be really good. I was talking with someone in Switzerland who said the price from a Swiss Honda dealer is CHF150, approx £100 at today's exchange rate. I was going to get a set sent over at that price, unless he was mistaken! Does sound to good to be true, but I'll check again in April when the new disks are out.