What's new

SAT NAV position error less than 200m

ALawson

Members
Reaction score
Car
Honda Accord Type-R
Evening all, my 56 plate EX Tourer has worked faultlessly since last sept, no problems with the SAT NAV which I only use when going to new places. Today I decided to use it for no reason and the map showed me driving down a rd parallel to the one I was on.

To night I have run the diagnostic menu and all appears well, good satellite coverage. The TMC is working.

So I am a little stumped.

I have removed the non original disk and reinserted with no problems reading the disk.

Any ideas? I did a quick search of other similar problems but none seemed to match.

Thanks.

Alex

Are you on a "proper" road or are you drawing a blue line??

Well this morning driving off the estate and down a B road to the station, the car followed the correct road.

This evening things started well, I then decided to get the nav to plot a route home, half way along the blue line following the route it suddenly got confused and said I wasn't on a proper road.

GPS wasn't green, out of interest where is the antenna? I would have thought that a positional error is either the unit plotting the map in the incorrect place or the signal is being degraded via multipath or some other cause.

Ideas?

Thanks again!

Sorry for the confusion, the blue line I am referring to is the one that gets drawn when you are not on a "mapped" road, i.e a newly opened by-pass that the disc does not know about. Apparently these discs can be updated but at an extortionate price. For myself I cannot be asked.

Sorry for the confusion, the blue line I am referring to is the one that gets drawn when you are not on a "mapped" road, i.e a newly opened by-pass that the disc does not know about. Apparently these discs can be updated but at an extortionate price. For myself I cannot be asked.

No I am driving along well established roads which the sat nav has never had an issue with, I could always put the original disk in and reboot.

As it works one minute and then not again I wonder if it is a signal problem.

Buy a genuine disk as problems with copied disks are very likely.