What's new

Sat Nav Screen - Auto Day/Night Function not working

Sphinx

Members
Reaction score
Car
2007 2.2i CTDi EX
Hi,

I have set the settings in the Sat Nav options to "Auto" for Day/Night settings.

The manual says that if I turn the headlights on - the Sat Nav screen should switch to Night Mode. So I tried this late one evening - manually turn the headlights onto dipped - but the sat nav still remained on day setting.

However, pressing the brightness/contrast button on the front - does switch it manually ok between night/day.

I tried an updated disk - the problem still remains.

The time is set correctly.

What can be wrong? Is there a separate sensor for this?

(Auto headlights work ok - and the sensor in front middle of the dash ( by the windscreen) works ok too.)

:unsure:

Thanks in advance.

You need to turn the little dial on your speedo back a notch a two.

The dimmer switch?

Will give it a try and let know.

Cheers

That's the puppy.. I think it is two notches back from full.

The dimmer swith under the speedo has no effect on the satnav screen. Even if you set it to "Auto ill" and then alter the brightness or even turn the screen off then on again it will cancel the "Auto ill".

Neil

It does on mine, I`ve just been out to try it. If I knock it back one click the screen dims with the lights on, turn it up full and the screen goes bright. It even beeps to let me know and there`s a sliding scale in the display under the speedo.

Glad its not just me then :lol: it does say somewhere in the manual... But I am too sober to find it. ;)

Just to update - it was the dimmer switch - took it back a couple of notches and it worked a treat (on my 07 facelift).

Thanks guys.

:D