What's new

Sat nav TMC

nebitomi

Members
Reaction score
Car
HONDA ACCORD 2007
HELLO
How can i swich off the TMC receiver in my sat nav ,because sometimes say stupid traffic marks! i want to swich off so does not avoid the routes!!!

It's in the settings dude. There is an option to turn of redirection - can't remember the real name for it though.

My aerial is loose so never get a signal :(

A loose aerial sounds like an easy fix, or is that made harder by it being a tourer?

My issue is slightly different, the unit can detect a TMC signal in the radio frequencies at the expected frequencies (101.9 Classic FM and 102.7 my local station). The field strength is good, between 8 and 11, which is plenty strong enough to receive TMC updates. But the unit doesn't receive updates and the Provider counter is always on 0. Plus the TMC icon on the sat nav never changes from red to green.

Apparently the TMC receiver/ processor thingy is located in the dvd drive not the head unit so I need to swap this somehow with a known working unit to see if it's my dvd drive or my car electrics/ aerial that's faulty. :(

I just need to pop the sat nav out again and reconnect the wire - I wash rushing when i removed the old FM transmitter iPod doo dah.

Oh that old chestnut, rushing to save yourself time and now needing to redo the job.

Yep :lol: also had the dude crawling around the car whilst I was doing the work :(.