What's new

SATNAV on a 03

k24er

Members
Reaction score
Car
accord
Hi guys,
Have a 03 K24 with the standard radio. Was hoping to to upgrade to the satnav that is on the face lift model. I have been led to believe that this is very difficult if not impossible to carry out. Any thought would be much appreciated.
Cheers
Brian

I have seen some oem satnav kits for sale on ebay for ridiculous money, but it's always headunit + dvd player. My biggest fear would be, if you connect it all, it wouldn't work because there's no sattelite receiver, or the wire loom is not compatible. It's a lot of money.

I would prefer to get an aftermarket radio met satnav option;)

You can get a replacement unit which cones from China and it replaces your unit. Alternatively yout can a unit to fit at the bottom of the dash and keep both.

^ what the above two say, make sure you get one compatible with your car

AFAIK a unit from facelift will not be compatible with pre-facelift, because there are differences in one of the "gateway" units in the CANbus system ...or some other reason like that

Thanks for the info here guys. Yea I figured as much that there is a compatibility issue with the stock satnav. Happy to put in a after market system as long as it looks the part. any recommendations on a decent replacement

I was looking into this a few months ago but ended up giving up mostly due to the climate control. I don't like the idea of having the display so low down which it would have to be for a second unit, and the only ones I could find that were a straight swap in place for the OEM were random far eastern makes that supposedly would only work with the petrol models climate control system, not the diesel.
I'm all ears if you find a nice, OEM looking solution tho!