What's new

SatNav Unit

Accordaz

Members
Reaction score
Car
Honda CRV 2.2 i-DTEC
I don't want to drain the battery first thing, and wonder if there's a way to turn off the unit when not in use?; I've done the usual knob press, but it just won't switch off!

Thanks!

You can't put it off. You can disable the screen by pressing the brightness button 3 times

On mine, if you don't touch the screen when first starting up it turns is self off on its own. About a minute of I remember correctly.

thanks, Steve, yes that worked, but a shame it can't be turned on and off when you want, as it's a drain on battery resources first thing on a cold start!

crikey if you're worried that the satnav is a drain on the battery when cold starting, then the battery would need replacing.

But I agree about the fact that you cannot stop the darned thing, on a cold morning at 7am in the dark, the last thing one wants is some dazzle in one's eyes for a minute before it powers off. Also, the DVD is being read, and DVD read failures are common too, again a disable feature would potentially save this.

freddofrog said:
But I agree about the fact that you cannot stop the darned thing, on a cold morning at 7am in the dark, the last thing one wants is some dazzle in one's eyes for a minute before it powers off. Also, the DVD is being read, and DVD read failures are common too, again a disable feature would potentially save this.
good job I don't have a diesel as in the depths of winter I remember my A3 turned so slowly at times, but this SatNav issue would have killed it for sure!

^ Audi must have spec'd the wrong battery, or maybe the A3 was too small to fit a decent battery :lol: