What's new

Scrapping my gen 7 accord tourer

holleemollee

Reaction score
Car
2007 accord tourer
Took my accord for an mot ofc it failed front lower steering arm bushes a ball joint and needs a bit of welding to inner sills, no garages near me in holsworthy can fix it for a month and they quoted more than its worth to do it if when they can , i bought two lower steering arms and a ball joint ball joint went ok but both steering arms are seized in. the front nearside bush bolt sheared trying to get it out and idk how to remove whats left, the rear bolt broke the captive nut but did come undone but is seized in the bush and i've no way of cutting it out my angle grinders to big, i expect the other sides the same so not even attempting to repair it its not that i can't but i don't have anywhere near the equipment needed to do this plus its costing more by the second in both money and my time, i expect all the mechanics here are rofl at probably what to them is easy but its beyond me and depressing me beyond words, as its a great car but i live five miles from the nearest town and having no car is not really viable thanks for having me as a member and good luck in the future.

Sorry to hear you are having such a ****ty experience with it. No shame in pulling the plug when you are just not set up to take it further.

The 7 Gen are getting on now...anything between 15 and 22 years old.Many of us know exactly how you feel but keeping these on the road is already a labour of love,or necessaty.Unless your a competant home mechanic (with a welder lol) labour costs will kill you.The bodies are the biggest killer of these cars,especially the sills and rear subframes.Mines 20 years old now and i work hard to keep her healthy.
I have warded off rot to sills as best i can but i suspect the NS has some inside.

Odd. I rarely go under the Tourer but when I do, I never find any serious corrosion.

Perhaps the slight leak of steering fluid (plus being a diesel) helps protect the bodywork ?

You can't beat a good oil leak to keep your car undersealed. I had an old mondeo years ago which spewed oil everywhere but had no rot.

You can't beat a good oil leak to keep your car undersealed. I had an old mondeo years ago which spewed oil everywhere but had no rot.

Good thing I am outside the Khan enclave, locals might start prospecting.
(but then there woulld be an evironmental crisis from those that pay £12.50 tax to drop similar on the roads paved with gold).