What's new

Seat Removal/Refiiting

Graphite Pearl

Members
Reaction score
Car
ES GT iDTEC
Hi guys, just wanted to know what sort of a job it is to remove and replace a front drivers seat...airbag connections etc ...looking at a car and it has a burn on the seat and have found a replacement on ebay so before i do the deed just wanted to know what i am letting myself in for .

easy enough. Just unplug the battery while you do it and its just a few bolts.

As above - I replaced my Sport seats with leather and the front seats just bolt down with one in each corner. Remove them then tilt it backwards to get to the plug(s). Note that the rear bolts have plastic covers which you lever off.

Manual drivers seat has airbag plug and seatbelt warning light, passengers' just has airbag.

It's easy peasy.

P.S. anyone want to buy a mint Sport interior? :blush:

As above - I replaced my Sport seats with leather and the front seats just bolt down with one in each corner. Remove them then tilt it backwards to get to the plug(s). Note that the rear bolts have plastic covers which you lever off.

Manual drivers seat has airbag plug and seatbelt warning light, passengers' just has airbag.

It's easy peasy.

P.S. anyone want to buy a mint Sport interior? :blush:

Thanks for that, and yes would love a mint Sport front seat ....what are you asking for the interior?.....would take the two fronts if I had to for the right price.

As mentioned above the most important thing would be to disconnect the battery and let the airbag system discharge first, otherwise it could get messy. The rest is just 4 bolts.