What's new

Seats and Shockers, are they the same?

dukkeraccord

Members
Reaction score
Car
Honda accord 2006
Hello all,

I was thinking of replacing my leather heated drivers seat as it has a little tear on the bolster and also the heated element appears not to work, the switch lights up but the seat does not warm up, passenger side is fine.

Been able to source a seat from a breakers yard for a good price but that is out of a 2004 i-CTDI Tourer, from the same car, I can also get some front shock absorbers too for a good price and although I do not need them yet, I will buy them and save them, if I need them at some point later. However my car is a facelift 2006 2.0 Petrol EX, so the question is will the diesel car parts from a 2004 car match my 2006 petrol car?

I know there are an awful lot of very knowledgeable people on here so I am sure someone will have the answer, hope to hear from you soon, very many thanks.

Thanks Cristian, for that conclusive answer, I will buy the Tourer seat from the 2004 car and stick it in my 2006 Saloon.
not sure if the shock absorbers are transferable ( and I do not need them now anyway) so maybe I will not buy them for a rainy day cause it might be a waste of money