What's new

Second hand rear passenger door

Accord-Brit

Members
Reaction score
Car
2.4 Executive-S
I have a fault with the new door that was put on the car while the respray was being done, the electrics don't work on it apart from door locking, I can put the window down from the driver window switches but i can't put it back up again from the same switch, I figured out I could put it back up from the driver switch if i touch a copper wire on the circuit board underneath the switch on the rear door though, also i can place the lock ont he door card down to lock all the doors but when i lift it now none of the other doors open again, this is linked to the new rear door too as it was working fine before...

So i know the electrics can work its not a motor issue its just a wiring fault, my guess is the wires in the plug connector between door frame and door are in the wrong places into the plug head ? as its not the same color's on each side of the plug, for example its not a blue wire goes in and a blue comes out the other side :huh:

Is there any online wiring diagrams floating about ? so i can see what color wires in the door should lead to in the frame too eliminate any wrongly places wires, It might even be because the donor door was from a newer accord or a diesel/sport instead of an executive, they might even be different on purpose i have no idea I'm just ***uming they are wired wrong atm.

My recent replacement door came from a cloth trimmed facelift and everything works in my pre-facelift leather exec -not sure about the fuel type. Not much help I know, but I though I'd mention it.

Are the loom, motors etc part of the replacement door or transferred from your original one?

Have you tried swapping in the switch from the door (on the other side of your car) to rule out a knack'd switch?

Someone may be able to help you with a wiring diagram? If all else fails do a search for MARIS. It's clunky but I've used it, and it may give you some clues.

I reckon you have broken wires in the rubber gromit from the door to the car. I would check the wiring for any breaks. My neighbours accord suffered with a similar problem and we sourced it to snapped/broken wires in the loom at the door.

The wires work that's the thing as soon as i complete the circuit on the rear door switch by holding a piece of wire over both sides of the circuit (gold contact areas) and press the driver switch up the window comes back up so the electrical loop is working sort of :lol: I don't know if the body shop swapped my old door internals over or used the ones in the donor door, Tomorrow I'm going to check the plug on the driver side rear and see if all the wires going in and out of the plug (Male/female) are the same colors as the passenger side, at least I will know if they are the same and if they are all in the right place to eliminate that as a start point.

I Hate electrical problems :mad: but I'll get too the bottom of it hopefully, I'll let you's know if i manage to fix it or provide more info to try to help with suggestions.