What's new

Selling My Tourer

FennLane

Members
Reaction score
Car
Accord CTDI Tourer
I have an 04 CTDI Executive Tourer that is quite clean and has only one fault.

It has a knock on the crank and it is now clear that one of the big ends has picked up.

It has had a new timing chain and tensioner after the main dealer diagnosed the knock as a timing chain!!!

It has been driven for 30 miles since it knocked and I think it would repair with a pair of shells but just don't have time.

It has about 140k miles and the interior is clean and tidy.

What's it worth? as I would prefer to sell it rather than break.

if its knocking your going to be looking at a new crank as well think your going to be looking at around a grand for it.

if its knocking your going to be looking at a new crank as well.

I doubt if it will need a new crank as I am confident that only one bearing has picked up and oil pressure is still good.

It has't had much time to run the crank even on one journal. There is no underlying rumble that would indicate it needs a new crank.

Once the subframe has been dropped the sump can be removed with the engine in place and the rod bearings examined.

At the worst the crank would grind and Clevite bearings at 0.25mm are available.

I just don't have time to do it as we have around five 911 race engines we have to build in the next 3 months.

It will be a good buy for someone with the time and skill to repair themselves as it just had £500 in new chain and tensioner. All the injectors have been out and overhauled and new seals fitted.

I am sure it can be done cheaply but not by a dealer as this would obviously be too expensive but a good DIY project.

yes you might be lucky it might take a re-grind i know the top tech at blade honda he told me that 9 times out of 10 if the bearings pick up it tends to finish the crank off its still a big job to pull the crank on that engine tho.