What's new

Service Code Question

S60

Members
Reaction score
Car
Accord 8 gen
Service time and the codes have come in style this time AB123468

One suggests a transmission fluid change. My car is a manual - Is this applicable?

Hi Scott,

Yep the manuals are due a gearbox oil change at every 75000 miles or 8 years, whichever comes first.

Not hugely pricey and might make your gear change a bit sweeter also.

Hi Scott,

Yep the manuals are due a gearbox oil change at every 75000 miles or 8 years, whichever comes first.

Not hugely pricey and might make your gear change a bit sweeter also.

I see that explains that then - its just on 73,000

Cheers

The 70K service is a big one I believe. At least it is on the 7th gen petrol. They replace just about every filter, fluid, spark plug and adjust the tappets as well as some other bits. So a Honda service at 70K is likely to be expensive. But it's worth getting the work done, if not by Honda, at least a trust worthy garage.

Pleased the SVRS is turned off on mine. The 1st owner chose the 12 months/12500 miles intervals.

Oil and filter and Pollen filter every year.
Brake fluid every 3 years
Coolant is 120k miles
Air filter every 2 years
Transmission fluid every 75k miles.

Guess its up to you Scott to decide if its worth it. The filters are easy to change yourself, just get the oil and filter and transmission oil done. Depends how much longer you intend to keep the car, and what its resale is. TBH a 70k mile Accord isnt worth loads £5k maybe?, like mine, I dont think its worth spending loads servicing it, just essentials like oils and brakes.

Pleased the SVRS is turned off on mine. The 1st owner chose the 12 months/12500 miles intervals.

Oil and filter and Pollen filter every year.
Brake fluid every 3 years
Coolant is 120k miles
Air filter every 2 years
Transmission fluid every 75k miles.

Guess its up to you Scott to decide if its worth it. The filters are easy to change yourself, just get the oil and filter and transmission oil done. Depends how much longer you intend to keep the car, and what its resale is. TBH a 70k mile Accord isnt worth loads £5k maybe?, like mine, I dont think its worth spending loads servicing it, just essentials like oils and brakes.

It's worth a bit more than £5k! Was getting offered £9k trade in on it just before Xmas.

My Father in law is a time served mechanic and we have access to his workshop and ramp at the weekends. Think I'll just do it myself. Car is well out of warranty now.

The motor factor he uses can't get the transmission fluid however. Anyone know what kind of fluid it takes?

Sorry Scott dont know what spec you have as it isnt in your signature, if its a diesel I guess it could be worth £7-8k and then you were getting £1k discount on the car you were looking to buy.

For all parts have a word with our sponsor, Holdcroft Honda, mention this website to get discount and free postage, Gareth or Lee on 01782 261593

Sorry Scott dont know what spec you have as it isnt in your signature, if its a diesel I guess it could be worth £7-8k and then you were getting £1k discount on the car you were looking to buy.

For all parts have a word with our sponsor, Holdcroft Honda, mention this website to get discount and free postage, Gareth or Lee on 01782 261593

8th Gen 09 EX GT i-Dtec. Will need to keep it for a bit regardless (probably another year at least) as with the miles im putting on it I now have more finance outstanding that im being bidded for it!

Spoke to local dealer who can do a full service kit including two wiper blades and Transmission Fluid for £185. Local Motor factor for pattern parts quoting £110 not inclusive of tranny fluid and wiper blades.

For whats in it ill go with the OE stuff from the dealer. I'll Give Holdcroft a bell and get a price from them also.