What's new

Service Indicator - only clever folks need read this post :)

ShadyMarkus

Members
Reaction score
Car
Honda Accord Type-S
I'm hoping there is someone on here who is far smarter than me and can explain the service intervals + indicator on an 8th gen diesel to me :)

Apparently there is a service light that comes on but I just need to know when my car needs servicing. Independent dealer I bought it from said it was due and knocked me some cash off or offered to do it himself. I took the discount and ran :D anyway now I've read he manual there is no indication that my car needs one yet and I think the dealer was reading the service intervals for the non type s or something because it says the warning lights will come on when due. I have no lights on.

The symbols make no sense to me though when checking the menu manually so hoping someone could explain it all to me. Car has done 68k and I'm lost as to when it needs servicing next.

Please help :)

Hey Brett, thanks for the reply. Those links did help but only when my display changed. It originally started out saying 7/70 with something that looked like a sun and moon at the bottom. All alien to me.......never seen anything like this on a car before. Then it changed to A7/70 and then finally AB7/1400.

I've since had the car serviced but now the day after it comes up with 5/60. It's been 5/60 now for a while so the /60 doesn't seem to relate to miles like when it was AB7/1400. So no idea what's going on. In my previous cars it simply says something like Minor/Major service due in XXXXX miles. So much simpler.

Hi,
There are posts on this forum which explain the service codes but bear in mind that when you reset the reminder it will show the next one due.

The sun/moon indicates that it using days for the next service item, however that will change when the number of days gets down to a low number, maybe about 30, I can't recall, and then it will show miles(or Km), about 1200 miles the last time on mine, but that will rapidly reduce, much faster than the actual mileage that you drive.

I find the system okay, I drive about 9k miles a year and oil change code (A?) comes around in just under 12 months although when reset the number of days remaining starts at 300!.

Hope that helps,
Ampers