What's new

service manual

fleetlands1974

Members
Reaction score
Car
2.2 i-CDTi Ex.
Hi guys new to this forum, have had a good look around and it seems loaded with good info posted by people who really care .
Question, does any body know where I can obtain a service manual for my 2.2 diesel accord and reduce my reliance on Honda dealership.

Welcome to TA, a little search of the forum will bring up your answer to this regular question. CJ has probably popped an eyeball already :lol:
wipolis.jpg

To be honest Steve,

Much of the stuff that you may need to know on servicing the car etc is already on here and if it isn't then just ask.

Well worth investing in a code reader if you don't already have one.

There are a few jobs that really are dealer only in all honesty, such as clutch replacement and replacing injectors for example, as not using the correct tools is generally false economy.

To be honest Steve,

Much of the stuff that you may need to know on servicing the car etc is already on here and if it isn't then just ask.

Well worth investing in a code reader if you don't already have one.

There are a few jobs that really are dealer only in all honesty, such as clutch replacement and replacing injectors for example, as not using the correct tools is generally false economy.

Thanks for prompt reply, I dont have a code reader can you recommend a good one ?

Thanks for prompt reply, I dont have a code reader can you recommend a good one ?

I've got the Autel Maxiscan 509 which I've found good. You can pick them up for around £50 alternatively some people use their laptops with various software. Here's a link to a thread on what others use.

OBDII Fault Code Reader

The main thing is it's a one off purchase and can give you most codes and save you some diagnostic costs.

Once you have the code just put it in the Google search function on the top right of the forum and see if a thread on the code already exists, which should give you much of the information you need to know to solve the issue.

Quite a few of the standard service jobs are covered in the owners handbook towards the back Steve, including torque settings.

If you need extra info just ask on the forum.

You need regular oil changes with 0W 30 and OEM Honda filters.