What's new

Service parts

scottie2012

Members
Reaction score
Car
honda accord
Hi guys could anyone tell me where the best and cheapest place to buy original Honda service parts from ( filters and so on ) online or am I best just shooting into a dealer for them .

Hello,Chris,best place to buy parts are Holdcroft Honda.We got discount.

it depends which parts, as sometimes it's not worth to pay almost double price for oem parts if you can get same quality much cheaper ie. arb drop links ;) last time I bought pollen filter genuine honda £22 or MAN filter £10 ;)

It's mainly the fuel and oil filter I'm after , thanks for the info lads I'll order from them
OEM fuel filter is actually Bosch (pre-facelift model) or Denso (facelift model) and can be bought with the same part numbers elsewhere, but make sure you get the right one! As a comparison, you can currently get the Bosch filter from eurocarparts.co.uk for £17.60 using the 30% discount code 'midmonth30'. Not sure who actually makes the oil filers sold by Honda, but I recently bought a Mikayo oil filter from ECP (currently £5.52 before discount) and it looked pretty well made to me. Free delivery as well.

And no, I don't have shares in ECP :lol: , but maybe I should as I do buy quite a lot of stuff from them for our cars. They sell LUK clutches and DMFs, which might also be good value if the discount does apply (sometimes doesn't).

Thanks Jon ill get ordering tonight and get the nasty cheap fuel filter out my car before I start getting problems.

Seriously!!!!! If you're looking at buying a fuel filter make sure it's original. Use the search function and you will find countless numbers of people who have bought after market fuel filter and had problems with them only to then have to replace them with OEM filters afterwards. Save yourself the time and money, do the job one and do it right!!!!

Seriously!!!!! If you're looking at buying a fuel filter make sure it's original. Use the search function and you will find countless numbers of people who have bought after market fuel filter and had problems with them only to then have to replace them with OEM filters afterwards. Save yourself the time and money, do the job one and do it right!!!!

I strongly agree - if you feel you must change it, you probably should buy the one used by the manufacturer! However, I had my car for 4 years/60k before I replaced it and it didn't make any noticeable difference when I did (but before and after were both OEM Bosch). Personally. I reckon fuel filter replacement is suggested as a fault cause far more than it should be - and I say this knowing that I'll likely stir up a hornet's nest of argument!!!

If it helps, the OEM Bosch part number is 0 450 906 442. Mine is a pre-facelift model and it is a bit of a nuisance job to replace it (a small drive socket set with UJs is needed, along with patience and a good back). Fahad did a very good DIY how-to which I recommend you search out and follow.

Doc - do you have the Denso part number handy if the OP has a facelift model?

Jon the only part number I'd be able to supply is the Honda part number. The one you've quoted for the Bosch filter I'm ***uming is the one stamped on the side of the filter. Unfortunately it's impossible to see this number on the Denso cartridge filter with it installed on the car. If a member has a one still in the box hopefully they could supply it.

Hi
I have just come across this thread doing some research on Mikayo oil filters for my Honda.

I noticed that Jon_G said that Eoro Car parts sell them and suggested using a promotion code for a 30% discount. This has expired unfortunately. Does anyone know of any more promotion codes available with Euro Car Parts.

Regards

Hi
I have just come across this thread doing some research on Mikayo oil filters for my Honda.

I noticed that Jon_G said that Eoro Car parts sell them and suggested using a promotion code for a 30% discount. This has expired unfortunately. Does anyone know of any more promotion codes available with Euro Car Parts.

Regards
I don't think there's a current promotion covering filters (I'm still on their mailing list). In any case, I would retract any recommendations made about using ECP following delivery issues recently when ordering a large and expensive pile of parts for another vehicle I was repairing/servicing. Their customer service is pretty appalling when things go wrong - took me 6 weeks to get nowhere with my complaint.

However, I expect someone will be along soon to tell you to only buy filters directly from Honda.

Hi guys could anyone tell me where the best and cheapest place to buy original Honda service parts from ( filters and so on ) online or am I best just shooting into a dealer for them .

I got a quote from the dealers in Erdington, £360 75k service, plus they also recommend 05/30 w oil and on this forum ive been told to use 0/30 w, if someone experienced and knowledgeable lists the parts needed and best place to buy it would be appreciated.

I got a quote from the dealers in Erdington, £360 75k service, plus they also recommend 05/30 w oil and on this forum ive been told to use 0/30 w, if someone experienced and knowledgeable lists the parts needed and best place to buy it would be appreciated.
Thought my dealer was expensive £300 they are all doing price match as well so get quote else were then go back

As long as you aren't too fussed about having a Honda stamp in your book, I would do that. I buy genuine parts and then a mechanic mate of mine does the service and just uses his garages stamp for the book

As long as you aren't too fussed about having a Honda stamp in your book, I would do that. I buy genuine parts and then a mechanic mate of mine does the service and just uses his garages stamp for the book

got a quote from Holdroft Honda for a service @75k = £450 with typeaccord discount. so im going to do what Chris said. thanks