What's new

service parts

f2raf

Members
Reaction score
Car
Honda Accord
I have a genuine Honda fuel filter which I know from experience is important to ensure that it is a genuine honda part.

I need a oil & Fuel filter and have been quoted £23 to have both delivered from HH, however I want to ideally get the service done this weekend and was wondering if using the Bosch oil filter currently £7.88 @ eumotors would actually be perfectly fine. Also I still have a new crossland air filter which was purchased for my last service but I ended up buying genuine parts, so I guess what am asking is are there likely to be any consequences of using a cheap air filter. It really was light i remember and did weigh half the weight of the actual Honda air filter I ended up using, but surely is an air filter going to make a massive difference if particualrly its serviced every 6k. I thin i just want to use this one i have lying around rather than buy a new one, but would rather not if it could cause more problems or is it a case of run with it and see

Oil, air and cabin filters I'm happy to use good quality pattern stuff on my cars. Especially as they get changed regularly.

As you say, the fuel filter's the important one. You've done the right thing buying from a Honda dealer. Same goes for The Honda-specific fluids (PAS and Gearbox)

I think the real art to servicing yourself is knowing where you need to spend the money, and where you can save it.
For things like that, websites such as this one are invaluable.

thanks for your reply, how is the stage 2 running on the stock clutch? Ive had a new clutch installed shortly after stage 1, was wondering if stage 2 runs fine on stock, i have the same car

Goodluckmonkey said:
Oil, air and cabin filters I'm happy to use good quality pattern stuff on my cars. Especially as they get changed regularly.

As you say, the fuel filter's the important one. You've done the right thing buying from a Honda dealer. Same goes for The Honda-specific fluids (PAS and Gearbox)

I think the real art to servicing yourself is knowing where you need to spend the money, and where you can save it.
For things like that, websites such as this one are invaluable.

Can anyone tell me after how many miles the air filter needs changing as Im sure mine has only been in for 10k

f2raf said:
Can anyone tell me after how many miles the air filter needs changing as Im sure mine has only been in for 10k
Just checked the Maintenance Schedule Page 35 9,000 mile service intervals

Replace Air Cleaner Element every 3 years or 27,000 miles whichever comes sooner.

Replace Fuel Filter Every 2 years or 24,000 miles whichever comes first.

since my last major service 12 months ago I have completed approx 15,000 motorway miles, with an interim oil change.

I just wonder if my Fuel Filter and Air Filter (OEM) actually need changing just yet, or if i can leave until the next interim oil change where I will have covered around 22,000 miles.

f2raf said:
thanks for your reply, how is the stage 2 running on the stock clutch? Ive had a new clutch installed shortly after stage 1, was wondering if stage 2 runs fine on stock, i have the same car
Just over 3000 miles, and all seems good on the fresh stock clutch and flywheel.
I don't really goon it about though, just bop up and down the motorway.

With regards to changing service parts early, if you're doing the work yourself, the parts are so cheap it's never a bad idea of you want to shorten the intervals.

I just wanted to update this thread to stress the importance of using genuine filters all round and not just the Fuel Filter. I nipped up to Fahad's place who kindly agreed to service my car & upgrade the remap from a stage 1 to 2. I supplied him with genuine service parts other than a Crossland air filter from euro carparts which I had lying around and thinking naively that an air filter cant make any difference to performance. After the service & Remap upgraded, the drive back home didn't feel right, it somehow felt more underpowered than a stage 1 remap, so really confused me. Contacted Fahad who advised to replace the airfilter with a genuine Honda airfilter which was delivered next day by HH at half the cost of my local Honda garage. Got home this evening and under the security lights I replaced the filter, tbh I wasnt expecting any change at all. Took it for a quick spin and the car came back to life, the throttle response was bang on again and the beast was unleashed. Now i cant wait to enjoy my Stage 2. Lesson learned only use genuine Honda parts, you wont feel the difference unless you have tried them.

Admittedly I never would've expected that.

Mine has a pattern air filter in it too. You have me thinking.

Goodluckmonkey said:
Admittedly I never would've expected that.

Mine has a pattern air filter in it too. You have me thinking.
The difference was clearly noticeable, I had to question whether actually a stock ecu had been put on instead of a stage 2 because the car was that underpowered.