What's new

Service reminder

edgeoftime

Members
Reaction score
Car
11 idtec tourer ex.
I am new to this Idtec auto tourer, its on an 11 plate and I think it is a face lift, can anyone tell me if I should be able to bring up the service reminder on the display at any stage from the "start" to the "get it sorted" time table, or does it only work when service is imminent.

+1 for me. I can't find it anywhere, so I presumed a previous owner had it switched off.

If you can't get the codes up from the steering wheel buttons then it's probably been turned off.
Check with your dealer they will tell you.
TBO it's not a bad thing as I had mine turned off after 12 months ownership.
I find going back to the normal 12 month or 12.5k service much better

Make you right there Brett, it is due one last visit to Honda the previose owner had bought servicing up front for 48 months, the final one was passed on to me. so it would be silly not to use it, after that it will be "self service" as was the old one, and hopefully no visits to Halifax. LOL

On your avatar, is that a pre lift 8? if so then mine must be a facelitft, the grill is completely different and from what I can gather my two reversing lights confirm it.?

edgeoftime said:
Make you right there Brett, it is due one last visit to Honda the previose owner had bought servicing up front for 48 months, the final one was passed on to me. so it would be silly not to use it, after that it will be "self service" as was the old one, and hopefully no visits to Halifax. LOL

On your avatar, is that a pre lift 8? if so then mine must be a facelitft, the grill is completely different and from what I can gather my two reversing lights confirm it.?
Mine is a pre facelift but my grill was a mod.
Also I only have 1 reverse light.

Facelift models have a smaller 2 bar chrome grille and clear front indicators. Pre-facelift have a 3 bar grille and yellow indicators, except Type S.

6ec1f88e7aebd41b4b0154b32013ab26.jpg

Yep pre face you can tell by your orange indicators

Does anyone know how to switch-off the service reminder from the steering wheel or is this something that only the dealer can do?

Hi Bob,

Only a Honda dealer can turn off the SvRS with their computer, and revert the car to the 12 month/12500 miles service intervals. Expect a charge for their time also.

They might not do it, as I understand they will only give you that choice when its new, or very low miles.

Regards

Rich

Honda did mine free of charge when the car was 2 years old.
But you need to sign a disclaimer as you cannot revert back to the SVRS when turned off

Thanks guys - I guess I'll have to keep resetting according to the manual around each time I change the oil