What's new

Servicing in Ireland

Conlisk

Members
Reaction score
Car
2.2 i-CTDI
Hey all,

Just after purchasing my first Accord last night - this forum has been a great source of information! Very excited and will throw some pics up at the weekend.

Anyway, back on topic. There seems to be a few Irish members on here so I'm wondering does anyone know the best Honda dealer to service the car in Ireland.

-KC

welcome ta. seems you guys are somewhat limited in options.

Welcome Kevin

I can't comment about Honda dealers in the south but my experience with them in the north has been mixed.. I wasn't impressed with Donnelly's customer service or work. Saltmarine seemed nice to deal with but I didn't service with them as they only use 5-30w oil which I was surprised at!

There are a few lads on here from around Dublin who might be able to give you more info..

Which donnellys? I've found the guys in ballymena top notch and so far seem to know what they're doing! Am surprised at salt marine they quoted work for me and said 0w-30.

Which donnellys? I've found the guys in ballymena top notch and so far seem to know what they're doing! Am surprised at salt marine they quoted work for me and said 0w-30.

That was Donnellys in Belfast. Yes I was a bit suprised at Saltmarine, I called passing by one day to get a quote for servicing and thats what they told me. They even took me in to the workshop and showed me the bottles of oil - Castrol 5-30w SLX if I recall correctly.

It would be handier to get somewhere down south, but Dungannon isn't a million miles away if it went to it.

I don't want to play Russian-roulette with my car after only getting it! I'd like to find somewhere that really knows what they are at.

welcome along fella

That was Donnellys in Belfast. Yes I was a bit suprised at Saltmarine, I called passing by one day to get a quote for servicing and thats what they told me. They even took me in to the workshop and showed me the bottles of oil - Castrol 5-30w SLX if I recall correctly.
I got one service at Belfast, was ok but didn't seem that professional compared to the Ballymena guys. Glad I didn't go to saltmarine in the end!

It would be handier to get somewhere down south, but Dungannon isn't a million miles away if it went to it. I don't want to play Russian-roulette with my car after only getting it! I'd like to find somewhere that really knows what they are at.
Try http://www.honda.ie/Dealers/index.cfm?fuseaction=honda.dealers to see if there's anyone closer. Most of the guys on here will recommend you service it yourself as that's the only way to be sure it's been done right with the right parts! There's piles of info about servicing on here, oils etc. Basically the main things are to make sure only 0W-30 oil and genuine Honda filters are used. There are some really good offers on oil from lubetechshop. As you can see, even some of the Honda dealers aren't using the right oil for this engine.

Cheers for the info. I might call in and price someone local and sus them out to see what they are like.
I'd like to get the first service done right and I'd be happier to tackle some of the basics after that myself.

I've had Honda's for the last 6 years but never went to a main dealer, fair too expensive! A few of my mates are mechanics so always bought the bits myself and got them to service the cars (kept recipes of items purchased).

The boys in Monaghan and Son's know what they're at, just ring for prices though, Best of luck with the purchase man ;)

Cheers Baz, I'll look into them and Bradley motors during the summer and see what they are offering price-wise.