What's new

Should my lower rear suspension arm look like this?

ceann

Reaction score
Car
Honda Accord CU3
So, I’m no mechanic and this might be a dumb question but I would prefer the peace of mind to know the answer. Just wondering if my rear lower suspension arm (excuse me if that’s not the correct name :/ ) should look like this. Or should the metal collar be tightened so it’s flush with the arm? I guess if it was flush it would be metal on metal so that wouldn’t be good so maybe it is meant to be like this? Again sorry for dumb question, I’m not a mechanic and just started working on my own cars like a year ago

Attachments

• 270EAFB8-1545-4FCA-AF1C-34F0BE6E5FE0.jpeg
    270EAFB8-1545-4FCA-AF1C-34F0BE6E5FE0.jpeg
    195.6 KB · Views: 36
Last edited:
It shouldn't really look like that but they can move, doesn't mean it's unsafe. Any suspension noises coming from that part of the car?

If the rubber bushing is still tight and intact you won't get pulled on the MOT but get a lever and test the joint to see if there's any excess play or wear. Try tightening it up fiurther with a spanner and you should get a feel for that, there will be some give but if the insert has torn it should be noticable. If no suspension noise or clunking I probably wouldn't worry but keep an ear out for it.

It shouldn't really look like that but they can move, doesn't mean it's unsafe. Any suspension noises coming from that part of the car?

If the rubber bushing is still tight and intact you won't get pulled on the MOT but get a lever and test the joint to see if there's any excess play or wear. Try tightening it up fiurther with a spanner and you should get a feel for that, there will be some give but if the insert has torn it should be noticable. If no suspension noise or clunking I probably wouldn't worry but keep an ear out for it.

Thanks for the reply. No noticeable noises or clunking from the joint, I will test for play the next time I’m doing some work with the car. How tight should it be? Should it be flush with the arm or should there be a small gap?

Okay thanks. Does anyone know the part number? It’s 2.2 I-dtec 150bhp. Also if someone could post a pictures of their lower suspensions joints on the rear for me to compare to it would be much appreciated! You should be able see them without taking off the wheel :)

Last edited: