What's new

side light access

kow

Members
Reaction score
Car
7th gen accord
Hi all, have failed side light bulbs, and a knock on the wing has fixed one but the O/S is still not working
I can see where the bulbs/connections are but no way can I get hand to them
Is it wheels off, spashguard off to get at them from under the arches?
It's a 2004 gen 7 accord saloon CDTDI
Thanks

Very easy to do just unclip 2-3 clips on the wheel arch splashgard.
Put your hand behind and turn anti clockwise on the lamp housing.
Pull out and the lamp just pulls out.
It a 5 min job but you might need new clips as they tend to break but very cheap from the dealers

If you turn the front wheels away from you when doing it, it makes a slight bit more room too, but pray you have small hands, I found mine very awkward to do :rolleyes:

If you turn the front wheels away from you when doing it, it makes a slight bit more room too, but pray you have small hands, I found mine very awkward to do :rolleyes:

Yeah, it can be tough if you're like this:

GaelBigHands.jpg

^^ah feck! I thought I had the internet people delete that photo of me :p

I was only talking to a friend of mine who has an accord last night about changing light bulbs and having to get someone with small hands, I have a jazz at the min and I said only way I could do mine was through the wheel arch, well at least that skill will still come in handy when I get the accord!

I found it tricky to do the sidelight bulbs.

My top tip is to switch the sidelights on once you've put the bulb in, and look through the sidelight lens so you can see the bulb - this will make it easier to locate the hole.

I found the nearside one much worse to do, as there's a plastic vent in the arch liner that is very stiff to move out of the way - many scratches to my hands from doing that side!