What's new

side lights

mushaid

Members
Reaction score
Car
honda accord cdti
Both of my front side lights have gone off. 1 of the back side light led bulb was off because it was lose. Moved it now working but can't find the fuse for the front side lights please help.

its a 15 amp mini blade fuse in the right hand side of the bonnet, just behind the battery there is a box, squeeze tabs on either side and it pops of, there is a tool inside to remove the fuses. when you buy them get a couple spare as mine have gone twice in recent times

mushaid said:
Fuse is ok. So why 2 bulbs blow at same time
are you sure they've blown and not loose ?
if you have a DVM check if there is any resistance (unless they're LEDs, in which case, there's your answer)

I noticed that the front 2 side lights were out and that the back 1 of the led side was lose. Is it possible the back led caused the bulbs to blow

The only way that I know that any bulb of any description can blow, is over-voltage. A short shouldn't cause another bulb in the same circuit to blow, only the fuse instead.

I'm purely guessing here, but LEDs might not like intermittent connections, might cause "spikes" into them. I've been behind cars fitted with LEDs in the back of their car, and seen some kind of flashes from the brake lights for example. Doesn't bode well IMO.

Basically I'm old-fashioned and don't get the "want" for LED lights on cars.

LED's have a tendancy to fail quite quickly, I went through 2 sets in a matter of months, so switched back to normal ones.
Were they flickering before they stopped working altogether?
Although I did try again and buy a set of yellows and they were mega cheap, pack of 10 off ebay for about a fiver and im still on the first set after quite a while now, weird