What's new

Side skirts

Zerotonine

Members
Reaction score
Car
Accord 2.2 iCDTi
Quick question, are the plastic skirts supposed to sit completely flush with the car bodywork? Mine have a slight gap on the rear on both sides, and looks like a potential rust trap. If it is supposed to be like that, is there anything that could be used to close the gap? They don't look broken and they line up fine, just have a slight gap is all. Any advice?

If you could get a picture up then that would be great. Can't really tell without seeing a pic

Picture hopefully coming shortly... I do have another question too. How do you get the rain channel rubber moulding off? mine isn't seated properly and I wanted to reset it.

There hasn't been any repair done here, picture looks bad because I just took photo in dark and the car is proper filthy at the moment...

Photo0383.jpg

Hey dude,

Basically that isn't sitting right. There should not be any gap there. As you've said it'll be a rust spot. The best thing to do is get some tape on it pretty sharpish till you can take them off and re-fit them.

As for the rain channel, if you mean the one in the engine bay, (there are 4 in total i think) then all you have to do is pull it off and then reset it yourself. Obviously you'll need a new one and some glue ;)

Hope this helps

Si.

I will do that, I thought it wasn't quite right. The rain channel is the one on the driver's side on the roof. I will probably replace it.

Ah the roof rack channel? If so then yeah just replace. Might be worth checking breakers of scrap yards before paying stealer prices.

I will consult the stealers to see how much of my hard earned they want... if it is stupid money I will just make the current one better.