What's new

Side skirts

gary

Members
Reaction score
Car
accord 2.4 ex tourer
Right fellow members, im after some honest opinions here on sport side skirts for my car. Dont know whether to go genuine or GRP copies,have already fitted a GRP type S replica front skirt which once blended and fitted is good as original.My big problem with the skirts is how to fit them, yes the front was straight forward 4 screws but the skirts have clips etc and am a bit dubious about botching them on with rivets and mastic. Blending and filling etc is not a problem as am a perfectionist and your own time costs nothing, my painter said honda!!!!!!! astronomical price quotted,think it was £169 each plus painting and questioned availabillity, theres also the idea of importing from Heeltoe? so am at my wits end, have questioned doing this mod for a year now so am wanting to get moving in one way or another. any advice would be much appreciated guys. :lol:

What year is your car? The skits have clips underneath ad screws in the rear wheel arch, once all removed slide the skirt towards the rear wheels with both doors open helps and it will just slot out of it's place, but can be a pain to get back on... will take some patience.

Gary, already replied to you in the other thread.

I have the GRP copies - fit is perfect. But finish is not to the standard I would like, despite being painted 3 times now. I bonded the top edge to stop them 'slapping' but fitting is quite straightforward.

I know Abdul just got his bodyship to fit his, and they bonded them over the old ones and clipped them back on. To me, this wasn't the best way to do it as they don't sit as flush as they're supposed to..

Spend the money once and do it right, get them new from HH.

gary go to honda mate,i phoned honda holdcroft regarding the rear lip for my bumper and they qouted me the same as it would of cost to buy one from ebay,prime it, sand it,treat it and then paint it,the one from honda was in already in my colour ready to gon(so no hassle anr perfect fit)you get what you pay for bro..... :)

I thought you guys would say honda B) , was kind of hopeing you were going to say good things about the GRP ones. Can understand what you are saying as had this problem with ripelling on my last civic type s mugen rep spoiler and like you lot was never happy with the finish. Looks like i will just have to save a bit more,thanks for the advice folks.