What's new

Silver Accord - what colour calipers ?

justa

Members
Reaction score
Car
Accord Type S
Hello

Next job for me on the Accord is too paint the rusty brake calipers - what colour would be best with a silver car, I know red is the most obvious but not sure if it would look a bit 'too much'

Any silver Accord owners painted there calipers red and care to share a photo ?

ta

The calipers are red on my car , the last owner painted them some time back and they could do with being done again tbh. They look fairly good in red against a silver car I think.

I thought red is nice but went for silver hammerite smooth

Silver calipers actually look quite good too.

Mine are Duracell bronze - but I have a graphite car.

Puppy john did his calipers gold on his silver cl7, looked ace B)

Bronze silver or black inho.

here are a few different colours to give you the rough idea of what they would look like

nissan_gt-r_wheel_low-res.jpg

IMG_0093.jpg

IMG_5603-620x362.jpg

car-photo-2008-audi-r8-front-driver-wheel-close-up-ice-silver-metallic.jpg

cbockus_IMG_20090604_7383.jpg

DSCN0671.jpg

thanks folks :)

those purple ones sure are nice but I think I might play it safe and go silver...

good choice. red is a bit chavvy and only really looks good on cars that are built with big red calipers.

the bronze looks good too

Another good way to change the look of your brakes would be to get some calipar covers ( I know it sounds a bit wrong ) but I fitted them to my wife's skyline and they looked very good . The other plus side with them was that they kept the brake dust to a minimum for some reason .

Unless you have uprated ones, id go either silver to make them look new or black to make them inconspicuous