What's new

single Din to Double Din -

NimBoy

Members
Reaction score
Car
Honda Accord 2.0SE
before you guys say use the search button- I have but i am getting confusing advice. I am looking to change my single Din to Double din 7 inch screen probably a Sony one, like the looks of them. However i have few questions

1. Do i need to get hold of a working sat nav from an Accord to remove the brackets ?
2. providing that i have a working satnav from Accord, Can i just take the brackets and use them? Will the fascia fit properly ?
3. Since the heater control will be moving down, from my search it shows that there is some sort of cutting of plastic involved. can someone tell me where we need to do the cutting?
4. Is the cable for the climate control long enough to be moved down ?
5. Do i need a satnav from removed from a satnav accord ? (for the brackets ?)

When I fitted my alpine double din I just used the existing brackets and redrilled the holes to suit the alpine.

The only cutting I did was to remove the plastic bar from the Honda trim piece that sits between the climate control and the factory radio.

The wiring for the heater controls reaches easily but does need rerouting slightly,you will need the brackets from a satnav fitted car to hold the climate controls in the centre console,bought mine from Honda for £16.

NimBoy said:
Am i right that its a 7 inch unit that i need
I think most would be grateful for a 7 inch unit, but don't let it put you off a smaller one will do the job too ;) :lol:

Sorry couldn't help myself! :lol: