What's new

slight 'clunk' when taking up 1st gear?

albinoni

Members
Reaction score
Car
2.2 diesel tourer
Hi,
I'm noticing a little clunk when setting off in 1st gear - almost like the drivetrain shunt on my old landrover - wondered if anyone has experienced this? Also it pulls pretty bad to the left - i don't know if this is related - n the motorway it will go round gentle right to left bends if I let go of the steering wheel. Had 4 wheel traking/alignment done a few days ago and whilst it was out slightly (and corrected) that's not made any difference.
The wheel looks a bit sort of scuffed on the left upto around 15% in from the near edge?
Anyhow, all advice and comments welcome as always - must say, I'm really liking the car and looking forward to getting it all sorted for a big trip around Europe!
Cheers
Andy

Wishbone/control arm damaged from bad kerbing?

Wishbone/control arm damaged from bad kerbing?
Quick update - thankfully its just the tyres!
Swapped them round and now it pulls to the right just has badly as it pulled to the left. After reading one of the tyre forums, I'm going to get rid of the rogue continental (s) and get some of the highly recommended Hankook Ventus V12 Evo's. I'm hpoing now taht the tracking is done, it should cure any future wear problems.

Hopefully a nice simple fix then ;)